Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to meet up in 2016?

I was to the Daher factory in September 2015 and it was a very nice visit. On a Saturday so the halls were empty besides a few poor fellows who had to work overtime.

Ever since then my brain has been executing the following thought loop:

10 TBM IS THE PERFECT AIRCRAFT
20 IT'S HORRENDOUSLY OVERPRICED
30 GOTO 10

Cheese us Achim, that is horrendeous paleontholitic Basic code! In the 21st century, the basic facts may well be unchanged, but the wording now ought to read
while (budget_available)
{
tbm is the perfect aircraft /* read: for certain touring pilot/owners */
}

// add emoticons ad libitum

[[edit :]] .py version under development, copyright pending

Last Edited by at 10 Nov 17:36
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

But back to the original subject: a group visit to an aircraft production facility might be quite interesting, though it might exclude those who also wish to fancy (female) partners. But, in line with my kind of flying and my kind of plane, I’d be much more interested to visit factories like Extra or, even better, FK or Comco-Ikarus or, why not, nearby Lambert. I’m sure these smallish outfits would be glad to offer a guided tour to a high-profile bunch like ourselves!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I would totally be in for Tarbes and a visit of the Daher Socata factory. Would be funny to fly the TB back home! It is a bit risky weather wise, the Pyrenees being well known for their typically British weather. This could be a limiting factor for VFR dudes like me. Annecy would be nice too.

LFNR

Achim you have slight romaticised the TBM methinks.

EGTK Oxford

OK, I can see that I may possibly be outvoted on Chamois…

May I transfer my vote to Annecy? Easy to find (just look for the lake), Air BP gasoline, choice of Tarmac or grass runways, one-hop from Scotland, nice blonde lady in the landing fees office – what’s not to like?

And, if Jan and Robert can make it, we might make a little local flight to visit some more characterful airfields?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

This Annecy (LFLP) place looks nice – big lake, giving ‘holiday feel’ and seems plenty of hotels.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=TQ9zVfLPGYH1-gaL64C4CA&gws_rd=ssl#q=annecy

Suspect no ILS, but Geneve up the road and Lyon to the west I assume could be used for a ‘cloud break’.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 11 Nov 10:41
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

WarleyAir wrote:

Suspect no ILS, but Geneve up the road and Lyon to the west I assume could be used for a ‘cloud break’.

Annecy has an ILS to RWY04 with DH 800ft, and an LPV approach as well with DH 760ft. Annecy is surrounded by terrain, so if their ILS is not good enough, I doubt it would be a good idea (and not legal anyway) to cloud break somewhere else and then scud run.

LSZK, Switzerland

Annecy downtown can be oppressively crowded on week-ends.

Sign in to add your message