Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to stop for a coffee break in between Rotterdam and Hertelendy Caste (in Hungary)

Hello fellow pilots: I am flying Friday from Rotterdam IFR to Hertelendy Castle in Hungary (close to the Ballaton lake and near LHKV). The flighttime is estimated at about 4 hours, so that is too long for me and my wife.

We are looking for a nice place to land somewhere in between for some extra AVGAS and a cup of coffee on the airport.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

EDLE, Netherlands

I can recommend EDQM Hof-plauen, I've landed there a couple of times on our way south for food and avgas. It's a small airport so no security checks and so forth, and they provide a good service. They have a pretty good restaurant (compared to other fuel-stop-restaurants) just outside the airport, a 5 minute walk.

I recommend Krems (LOAG) in Austria, 900 m concrete rwy. It's directly in the scenic wine region called "Wachau", so you could even venture out of the airport for an hour or two.

Feel free to contact me for more info if you should decide to go there.

Edit: There's no IFR approach, so you'd need VMC.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Thanks both of you for the suggestions. EDQM has the instrument approaches, but LOAG looks tempting if the weather permits.

EDLE, Netherlands

EDME Eggenfelden has instrument approaches and a good pizza restaurant on site.

EGTK Oxford

At Magdeburg City (EDBM), you can literally park up on the apron directly outside the restaurant. GNSS instrument approaches, long runway. Landing fee 11 Euro, payable at the restaurant. The main apron/tower (and therefore refuelling) are further along the field. Plenty of activity to look at, including gyrocopters and parachuting while you eat.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Thanks. Lots of good choices!

EDLE, Netherlands

Magdeburg is too far north for this flight, but a good suggestion for another flight in the direction of Poland. EDME Eggenfelden is enroute.

EDLE, Netherlands

been to both EDME and LOAG. Pizza at EDME was not bad but a "normal" food at LOAG was better.

LKKU, LKTB

How about Salzburg (LOWS)? There's the famous Red Bull 'Hangar Seven' collection of airplanes and restaurant right on the field! Also a great 'Gasthof' nearby (5 min taxi), the Laschenskyhof. Fees may bit a bit high, but hey, you're crossing Europe, so in the bigger scheme of things no big deal.

14 Posts
Sign in to add your message