Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Which EASA reg is best

All very true!
But our Heli business is absolutely Kosher with employees and the aircraft on an AOC for public transport etc etc but we still had to jump through hoops to get the vat reg, in fact they came out to see the operation and were suitably impressed, Painful :(

My aircraft is entirely privately owned and run (the commander that is) and I occasionally use it for business and charge back at cost to the company.

Just to clarify,the attraction of the Guernsey reg is nothing to do with money, its purely so i can use the FAA IR, I don’t really care too much what its costs (within reason) as long as I can do this with no hassle… so we’ll see how it pans out.

Isle of Man government/authorities – a good friend who lives there was shafted by them to make a political point and ended up in Jail, they are bad people.

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Not sure if this is the right forum for a bit of help on German legislation (is any forum?), but here it goes.

We recently bought a Mooney in Germany and intent to keep it on German register, if possible. There is the minor issue that the LBA insist on getting details for an authorized recipient (zustellungsbevollmächtigten) in Germany, in order to transfer the ownership to an entity outside Germany. I’m very far from being an expert on EU legislation, but I struggle to understand how this is in line with the principle of free movement of goods and services within the EU. §8 Absatz 1 Nr. 2 LuftVZO, for anyone wanting to look it up.

From a practical point, how does one get around this new rule (March 2013).

Michael

EGTR

As we are Austrians with a D-reg, we also had to appoint a “Zustellungsbevollmächtigter”. In our case it is the aircraft insurance broker. A mere formality …

A more frustrating item that comes with the D-reg is the IFR avionics check, which costs us about 1 k Euros every year.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Thanks for confirming my concerns Blueline.

Short of asking the seller to do us a favour, I’m not really sure what to do here. I think first step will be to push back on the request. Maybe if I offer to pay for the extra postage cost, they agree :-). Eventually, we might have to move it to G-reg with all the headache that entails.

EGTR

Wrong, Achim
Operation of Engine and Prop beyond TBO are accepted in the UK. Other life limit parts must be changed/overhauled though. Ok with me.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 25 Aug 22:46

Operation of Engine and Prop beyond TBO are accepted in the UK

Which TBO? Calendar or hours?

It seems to be pretty standard to be allowed to ignore the calendar TBO and to go 10% over the hours TBO for private operation.

LSZK, Switzerland

Germany has no limit on hours on engine/prop, there only a few minor additional inspections required. You can run a Lycoming that is 40 years old and has 5000h if it’s considered airworthy.

Is that also true under the CAA regime?

Hopefully you will get an answer with references from somebody but AFAIK yes, you can run on condition for ever. There is a twin owner who occassionally pops in who said his engines are at ~3k hrs (IIRC) but he is happy because he has a spare one (though one of his cylinders came off recently). But there are conditions attached, and one of these (I recall from 2011 when I was doing the IR) was no checkrides, no training for ab initio stuff, no renting it out, though I think equity syndicates (less than 20 shareholders and nobody having less than 5% share) were allowed.

I would go N-reg. Look at that daft dual GNS installation thread for example. Completely barmy!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would go N-reg. Look at that daft dual GNS installation thread for example. Completely barmy!

Yes, if we’re going to change anyway that will definitely be worth considering….only thing is that we we have a bit of a timing issue, as the plane is still in the name of the seller and moving it anywhere will probably mean fitting a new prop as per the discussion above which will again take time (and money).

Going N-reg would also be a nice two fingers up to EASA for making life unnecessarily difficult

I wonder if the German AOPA is addressing the issue? It effectively means that German planes can only be sold to Germans, which has to affect liquidity and pricing.

EGTR

Just to clarify,the attraction of the Guernsey reg is nothing to do with money, its purely so i can use the FAA IR, I don’t really care too much what its costs (within reason) as long as I can do this with no hassle… so we’ll see how it pans out.

From April 15 you need an EASA IR anyway, so if that’s the only reason you are interested you may have to think twice?

We are on the IoM register with our company aircraft and the benefits are considerable, and we do not consider the tax situation. The authority are pragmatic and quick, the fees are a lot lower than the CAA, and you can actually talk to anyone you want there and get things done. People like JCB do not leave the UK register for nothing.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)
Sign in to add your message