Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Which EASA reg is best

I wonder if the German AOPA is addressing the issue? It effectively means that German planes can only be sold to Germans, which has to affect liquidity and pricing.

Well, it’s just a small formality, you should easily find somebody that can act as Zustellungsbevollmächtigter for you. Worst case you ask one of the aviation lawyers in Germany, should still be cheaper than a N-reg trust

The trust is not an issue with N-reg. I pay £450/year. The major issue is the transfer (which needs to be managed carefully – see my long article on this; link posted above) and then you need FAA pilot papers in addition to EASA pilot papers.

Well, that’s if anybody gets around to working out what the “operator residence” wording in EASA FCL actually means anything…

I see we have had two advertising postings this morning on that topic, which I deleted because the business (in Morrocco) was discussed already extensively, and the advertiser has not participated in the forum so is in clear breach of the Guidelines.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

QuoteWell, it’s just a small formality, you should easily find somebody that can act as Zustellungsbevollmächtigter for you. Worst case you ask one of the aviation lawyers in Germany, should still be cheaper than a N-reg trust

Sure, I can employ a German lawyer to receive my letters and send them on, I’m sure they’ll be delighted for the business – but it makes zero sense. Had it been an old pre-EASA legacy rule, I could understand it, but they introduced it last year !

EGTR

Had it been an old pre-EASA legacy rule, I could understand it, but they introduced it last year !

That requirement was already in force when we bought our aircraft in 2011.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Time to make some friends in Germany then I think it’s a stupid requirement and something that belongs more to the 1980s than today but surely not a major deal.

LBA are not service oriented and don’t give a **** about pilots, even less so when they’re a foreign resident. Individual people there are nice and helpful but the organization as a whole stinks terribly.

So, three years and a few months later, anyone care to update this thread?

@achimha – you went G-reg, right? Can you please share how you got there? Were the SIDs the main reason? Would you decide differently now that the SID threat in Germany has been contained (or has it?)?

@Peter is probably EuroGA’s most prominent N-reg advocate, but I’m still not convinced moving a typical plane from EASA-reg to N is worth the hastle, especially if one is planning to use a (reasonable!) CAMO, like @Alexis (also on G-reg, do I see a pattern here?) and achimha do, if for no other reason than peace of mind (for me airplane ownership is an overwhelming challenge, at least initially) and the easier ARC renewal rules. If the plane is already on N then it should probably stay there though.

Last Edited by tmo at 15 Jul 18:03
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

tmo wrote:

@achimha – you went G-reg, right? Can you please share how you got there? Were the SIDs the main reason? Would you decide differently now that the SID threat in Germany has been contained (or has it?)?

I went G-reg because of the SIDs. I would not have done it otherwise and I still think that overall, D-reg is the best because it gives you most discretion in terms of maintenance. I will return now that LBA have finally corrected their view on the SIDs. Obviously a big plus of G-reg is that everybody speaks English. I do not want to stay G-reg post Brexit for sure.

I do not want to stay G-reg post Brexit for sure.

Why should that be a problem? Remember when I asked you some months ago and you said that “nothing will change”. That’s my opinion (now) aswell. But of course, if there’s any trouble created by BREXIT, I am leaving too. But maybe not to LBA. There’s still some alternatives in Europe: CZ or Croatia for example. Both CAAs are pretty relaxed and easy to talk to. Only if that wouldn’t work I’d go back to D-reg.

For me G-reg had no advantage, I just did it spontaneously when I bought the plane in England. Even cost me a bit more becasue I had to change the prop governor and electric fuel pump, which both could run on condition in Germany. The boost pump I had no big problem with because it’s such an essential part, but to change the prop governor was stupid.

My guess is that the UK will stay in EASA and that nothing will change. If the CAA accepts my new Maintenance Program, which is very close to the N-reg rules, then I’ll probably stay with them. I also like my callssign ;-)

Last Edited by at 15 Jul 19:40

I do not want the state of registry of my aircraft to be outside the European Union for various reasons. Also the original reason and the advantage of G-reg is now gone.

Sure, I can relate to that. Maybe my opinion on that changes once the Brexit really happens … (i still see a small chance it will not).

Sign in to add your message