Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Who wants to buy this? (MiG-29)

It’s probably a catch. It could actually be a good investment for somebody that has the money.

https://www.raptoraviation.com/warbirds/1986-mig-29ub

ESME, ESMS

Unbelievable!

You have to see all the images in the slide show.

It does however more INOP stickers than the planes I did my PPL in

@Jacko would approve of the bush wheels.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Seems the catch is this, it climbs at orbital speeds are you up to it?
- Service ceiling 60,000 ft
- Climb rate (initial) 65,000 ft / min

I think they mean 6500ft/min? unless you VS = 1000ft/s which is higher than speed of sound !!

Here is a nice business, buy it and sell tickets to those singles who can’t afford Virgin Galactic 300k£/ticket

Last Edited by Ibra at 16 Jan 13:47
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

I think they mean 6500ft/min? unless you VS = 1000ft/s which is higher than speed of sound !!

Wikipedia also says 65,000 fpm initially.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes; the F15 is in the same ballpark.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I wonder what ITAR material is in a MIG-29…

I bragged about it several times already, but hey, I have flown in one and it was the best flying experience I had. We flew over 17 km high and broke the speed of sound. It started with speeding up to 800kmh just over the ground and an 8G transition to a vertical climb.

About this one, I think the price is very high. Would rather look for one in post-USSR and renovate.

Last Edited by loco at 16 Jan 14:20
LPFR, Poland

Noe wrote:

I wonder what ITAR material is in a MIG-29…

I don’t think it is sold loaded but they mean the whole thing = “ITAR material”

Airborne_Again wrote:

Wikipedia also says 65,000 fpm initially.

That’s really steep/fast, I wonder how much it really take to get to the top 60000ft ceiling but something like 10min sounds reasonable (at cape canaveral you get 5min of view :) )

Last Edited by Ibra at 16 Jan 14:24

Ibra wrote:

I wonder how much it really take to get to the top 60000ft ceiling but something like 10min sounds reasonable

Wikipedia says 21,500 fpm average to 20,000 ft. I don’t know how to extrapolate ROC for a jet fighter…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Wikipedia says 21,500 fpm average to 20,000 ft. I don’t know how to extrapolate ROC for a jet fighter…

Depends how much concave/convex (probably never convex) the ROC vs height but on a linear profile (where ROC = 65000ft/min at height = 0ft and ROC = 0ft/min at height = 60000ft), I would say 2min whereas on a concave exponential that flattens at 60000ft, I would say an eternity

From the number you quote at 20000ft it seems more like 2min (or 2.7618min if you like non-linear curves and “twice half-life” concept), something that goes along the kind of operations the aircraft is aimed for

Last Edited by Ibra at 16 Jan 16:57
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message