Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why are there no routes for Hungary in JeppFD?

Flying on a commercial flight I was using my iPad to see where we are flying through. I noticed that there are no airways over Hungary in the JeppFD. Is this something Jeppesen specific? Or is there a general issue with Hungary and its airways/routes?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Hungary abolished the (lower) airways a while ago. A couple other countries did it as well.

See here: http://ais.hungarocontrol.hu/download/07fef69855985e5f18bf611d4599af34.pdf

Last Edited by boscomantico at 19 Jul 14:16
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Good to know, thanks

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Vladimir wrote:

Is this something Jeppesen specific?

No

Vladimir wrote:

Or is there a general issue with Hungary and its airways/routes?

This is called Free Route Airspace

LSZK, Switzerland

Similar problem with Switzerland: does anybody know why the Low Flight Network IFR routes (e.g. KY252) are not present in JeppFD but are present for example on RocketRoute? Are they active? Can they be used only by helicopters or also by planes?

This is the link:
https://www.skyguide.ch/wp-content/uploads/fileadmin/user_upload/pictures/CHIPS-aero/CHIPS-landscape/chart/chart_GNSS-LFN.pdf

Austria and Slovenia will be removed this week as well ;-)

LKKU, LKTB

Hungary, Austria, among other countries, were very accommodating to my requested route (combination of sightseeing and direct). I felt easily welcomed.

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Silly question here.

how does flying happen in a free route airspace ?
heading/vectors ?

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

PapaPapa wrote:

90% direct to destination or FIR exit point, 10% vectors. These days, the ATC computers look ahead a huge amount of time, so apart from busy terminal areas conflicts can be resolved by the time the aircraft even enters the airspace.

EGEO

PapaPapa wrote:

You choose the route yourself with DCTs. That’s the whole point of free routing.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message