Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why does this Mooney not sell?

Link.

We discussed this one some time ago as a very tempting deal. Now the price has dropped again and it has a new annual.

There must be something wrong with it, but it’s not apparent.

On the plus side:

-good exterior
-decent interior
-good avionics
-low airframe time
-relatively fresh engine
-new prop

Anyone have a guess why it doesn’t sell?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I know why I would not buy it: The paint scheme is so ugly I’d only use it for Night IFR (in IMC only)

I like this one better:
http://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=24388

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 18 Nov 18:49

Is it me or it’s the same link?

Anyone have a guess why it doesn’t sell?

No RHS brakes?

Of course the answer is always “price”. Anything will sell if you drop the price enough (that’s what my mother told me).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s not just you.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Is it because the tail has been fitted backwards?

The paint scheme is so ugly I’d only use it for Night IFR (in IMC only)

It comes with a “Cambrai Cover” for daytime operation to hide the paint scheme.

EDDS - Stuttgart

I’d take it ;)

I think it’s the same with Piper Arrows, the demand for older non-turbo aircraft seems to be bigger than for old turbos.

EDAV, Germany

Don’t really know Bosco… seems strange.

It has decent hours, the LB engine (GB is a no-go for 231’s) and decent equipment. The GNS420W (if it really is a 420 and not a typo) may need replacement with or upgrade to at least a 430W due to the fact that it is not 8.33, but other than that, it will be difficult to say unless you check the whole history and do a good prebuy.

The TSIO360LB is much better to work than the original GB, but you still need to be on your toes with temperatures. Only the TSIO-360-MB Engine fitted to the 252 did away with that mostly. But for any proficient and turbo trained pilot this should not really be a problem.

Maybe some folk shy away from N-Reg planes due to the incertainty in recent years and due to the high possibility that it won’t be possible to register it into EASA if needed, e.g. if there are components or STC’s installed which EASA does not accept.

Sometimes buyers also get nervous when the price is too low. That sounds absurd but I know of a lovely M20J which changed hands WAY below Jimmy Garrison’s estimates because the owner had put the price so low, people started to get nervous and said “there must be something wrong” even though there was not. Could well be the case here as well.

Other than that, I can not really see what’s wrong with it. You’d probably need to see it, check its docs and possibly talk to someone familiar with it to figure out whether there is something wrong or not. From the ad, it may well be worth a deeper investigation and might prove to be a real bargain.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 19 Nov 17:37
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The GNC420 is a 8.33 Mhz Com.

35 Posts
Sign in to add your message