Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Xavion App

Austin Myers, the designer of X-Plane simulator, presents Xavion App updates and on the second video answers questions on the first video.

Nice app but I personally I still don’t trust iPads in a cockpit, actually nothing that is not aviation certified.
“For reference” its useful but there are thin lines which separate “for Reference” and “for Primary Reference” tactics.

LGMG Megara, Greece

I didn’t phrase the question very well.
For Xavion you need to enter the vertical speed in feet per minute that you‘ll get at these configs and speeds.
Power Idle, Clean, Vno
Power Idle, Clean, Vbg
Power Idle, Landing config, Vref

I will get the vert speeds when flying but I was interested if someone had any idea beforehand.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy you can download the POH for these planes for free from their manufacturers’ website.

ESMK, Sweden

And if anyone has some ballpark numbers for vertical speeds (see first post) please post them here.

always learning
LO__, Austria

It works with the ios internal gyro as well, external ahrs is off course better. Keep you posted ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

Is this the Ipad app?

It looks pretty good. It looks like it needs an external AHRS.

European support will be very interesting to hear feedback on – always the weak point of US aviation apps.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Currently playing with the Xavion „on the ground“ and must say it works well in combination with the Stratux (crewdog/Amazon) – shows AHRS, Ads-b traffic and (in the USA) gets all weather. It seems it now gets actual winds via 4G data also. Many european airfields are not correctly programmed and give a generic 2500 ft rwy length.
Flight tests are up next and I wannt some ballpark vertical speed numbers to compare for the DA40 NG and SR22 GTS:

Power Idle, Clean, Vno
Power Idle, Clean, Vbg
Power Idle, Landing config, Vref

Thanks!

always learning
LO__, Austria

No, this is iOS.
But once it’s running better we might make an Android version too. At the moment we put it on hold, because we are working in a different pilot app. The attitude indicator is really hard to do. It works fine on the ground, but doesn’t work well under g-load and vibration … but maybe we’ll solve that

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 19 Dec 19:14

Android? If so, yes, very interested.

BTW, I just bought one of the ones on the right.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

How do you like this one (left :-)) I developed it three years ago … but it’s still not completely finished …

38 Posts
Sign in to add your message