Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Yet another "new" "toy" to fly for me... (Beech 33)

Vref wrote:

I am not even sure anyone did that before in Europe :-

Mines has it. Speed Slope. Not sure when it was done, but I think early nineties. Must go through the old logs.

I toyed with the idea of tips for a long time then decided my max time between stops is three hours, so I still have plenty of range. I have the 90 USG, so I spent money on other things, like new ruddervators

They are a labour of love, and expensive, but every time I walk up to it on the ramp I think what a great looking plane. And its mine!

Appreciate everyone does that to their plane, but these things are iconic. I even had one as a small child, the metal V tail.

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 19 Jun 11:16
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

i could not agree more (those ugly silencers are gone now!)
!!

fly2000

Everyones doing it so……

EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby it looks to be in excellent condition

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

May I ask what a Speed Slope is? New windscreen?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Robert, thanks, I try my very best but it is bit by bit.

The Speed Slope windshield is an upgrade the earlier models can benefit from. The original was a centre metal spar in the middle of the screen. Debate if it makes it go faster, some say 3kts, but argueably it looks way better. Easier panel access also after fitting. It is a D’Shannon STC

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 19 Jun 20:17
EGPF Glasgow

ok ok here is it

and thereā€˜s one more thing…..

…. the sound.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 19 Jun 20:29
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

All Bonanza are awesome Nice starts to become a mini euro beechtalk ….
I think looking at your windshield Beechbaby its still the original frame with the more steeper windshield as I had previously, so this is not a speed slope which can be found from 1969 models and beyond. The installation is an STC requiring a new glare shield defroster etc…Basically its a frame less install and quite tricky as you need to drill 70 something oversized holes in the plexi and make them align with existing air-frame holes. The whole thing is then glued in with a metal strip in front. I have an extra thick windshield offering better bird strike protection and more silent cockpit…I hesitated to recover the frame and order the same steep windshield as its a classic but decide not too…Of course this is only noticed by beech experts

Last Edited by Vref at 19 Jun 20:38
EBST

I was really holding off posting a picture and getting into a Beech discussion, but when it starts…..

Euro flyer, yes that sound. Generally missed by us owners given we are inside…

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 19 Jun 20:45
EGPF Glasgow

Bonanza are awesome…did I say that already today:-))?

EBST
Sign in to add your message