Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2015 flying year, and aspirations for 2016?

How did it compare with previous years?

The UK has had 3 months of unusually bad wx at the end of this year. However, central Europe has done really well there.

I did 179hrs, which is less than 2014 (189 – my all time record) but still a lot more than I expected. I might add 1hr to this total but currently the airport is closed due to flooding of their radio gear!

What are your aspirations for 2016? New aircraft, new trips? There are always new places to go to. And we have the Carcassonne fly-in in May.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well, I made a couple of big steps this year getting the MEP and IR (ME). On top of that I made a trip to Norway in August/September and am currently in Austria enjoying an exceptionnally good weather for this time of year and 0-isotherms close to FL100.

So for next year I think I will lay back and relax a little bit although I would love to fly a turbine airplane. And I certainly will be in Carcassonne.

LFPT, LFPN

My plans for 2015 involved getting the PPL, check. For 2016 it is to fly a low wing aircraft. With luck, fly, or be flown, in a few different ones, and then buying one I liked, not one someone told me was nice.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Flew 84 hours this year so far and hope to add a few more. Bought 50% of a Piper Comanche 260C and am 80 % through my instrument rating training. Hope to travel a lot with the plane next year including for some work trips.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Definite improvement over 2014 in terms of weather. Aircraft flew 80 hrs so far. New equipment works very well.

Hope to fly much more this year, after some work related issues are out of the way.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Flew some 28 hours, barely enough to keep my license valid (I need to log 50 hours in every two years).
No accidents, even no real incidents.
2016: more training for emergencies like EFATO, improve GPS, redo dashboard, and finally make a multi-day trip – ideally to Czechia or Slovakia.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

2015 was a fantastic year. It was also my first full year with a PPL license.

I flew about 90/100 hours – most of it complex with a Mooney. There were a lot of memorable moments:
- my first landing in the snow
- a few memorable low passes with the Mooney
- my first formation flight
- A huge VFR trip from Belgium to Turkey
- A nice weekendtrip to Barcelona
- I flew a Citation Mustang from Rotterdam to Antwerp
- I had the opportunity to fly with a Turboprop (PC7), one naviatiation to Swiss and 3days ago an aerobatic demonstration in the same one.
- Got my siterating for LFLJ (courchevel)
- My first experience on a taildragger in LFLJ (got my siterating with it)
- My first helicopter flight in double command
-….

The aspirations for 2016
- The siterating for La Mole (France)
- A few nice trips
- A beginning with the IR
- a trans-atlantic ferryflight
- trying a Multi-engine (as copilot ofcourse)
- …

Last Edited by Vieke at 29 Dec 13:57
Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Vieke congratulations, what a great debut year – I have La Mole on my to do list in 2016, might try and combine it with the 2016 fly in to Carcassone.

My main ambition is to fly more than hundred hours in the Super Cub, this year managed around 70 hours.

Getting an excuse to go to the US and get some more time in an SNJ-6 would be nice.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I added 295 hours this year which isn’t bad considering I had no aircraft for the summer. Highlights were the two crossings although doing one of them in a twin engined jet is beginning to not really count as quite so much of a challenge. First jet type rating. Next year just flying more is the plan although I may have to EASA-fy myself at some point which will I am sure be challenging (and annoying).

2015 in a picture.

EGTK Oxford

@Vieke, that is fantastic for a brand new PPL! Especially the Belgium to Turkey trip!

LFPT, LFPN
57 Posts
Sign in to add your message