Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2017 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2018?

At about 120hrs I am well down on 2017 (about 160). Had a lot of hassle earlier this year, had some holidays and not been too well in between them. New (exchange) engine went in and that messed up the timing too, but at least I could not have been flying anyway because the plane was in maintenance.

My ambition to install the full TKS in Jan/Feb 2017 didn’t happen because CAV kept slipping on the delivery date and eventually I lost the hangar “reservation”. But I have all the bits now so will start early January 2018.

A long term ambition is to install LPV but it is too big a job to bite off right now and with the TKS job I would be running a war on two fronts.

I can now ski some easy blue runs so might do some fly-to-ski trips after the TKS job. Most likely Bolzano or Annecy; Zell am See is too hardcore

Still have three trips to write up: Bolzano, Menorca and Avignon…

Another ambition ought to be to learn how to connect EuroGA forum names with the real people who turn up at fly-ins. In most cases I haven’t got a clue who is who

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

last year jeff64 wrote:

2016 : 26 hrs from which 7 in the last one and half month for CB-IR formation.

Expectations for 2017 : Endorsing my CB-IR rating, making some good trips with my new ratings, discovering new french and european areas.
But with a 2 year-old kid, and another one on the way, 2017 will not be the year of family week-end by the air ;)

2017 : CB-IR endorsement + RU variant
74h total flight time

Expectations for 2018 : Between 40 and 50 hours Total flight time.
Exploring new areas, getting more competence on my IR rating.
Some long(er) trips with wife and/or friends.

LFBZ, France

Club aircraft was out of commission for most of the year so got almost no flying done until I remedied the problem by buying a Mooney in August. Still only managed 26 hours for the year though. 3 hours into IR training so with completing that, filling up the remaining x-country time required for the rating and some other trips I’d hope to get around 80 hours in this year with the IR done by the end of July.

EIMH, Ireland

140 hours this year but I didn’t fly in January and November at all; otherwise it would be more than 150. For 2018 I expect the same – I won’t have much time in January then I’ll be grounded for one month (March/April) for engines replacement and I’ll be again on some longer trip in November.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It’s good that in the old post I can see that 2017 pretty much fulfilled what I expected and planned

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Did MEP rating
Upgraded SE IR → ME IR
Bit of flying in the US, SR22 transition course

2018 aspirations
CRI rating
Fly to Svalbard (and come back!)
Get enough done that insurers are OK to insure me on a trip to US.

I’ll know my annual hours in March, when I add up that column in my logbook for my insurance renewal… I do know now that I’ll add about 2.5 today, over these hills and back IFR won’t be necessary

Last Edited by Silvaire at 29 Dec 14:53
For 2017 I would like to get more experience and fly round the world at end of the year.

Check :-)

Did 223 hours as PIC in 2017. Of that 5 in the Extra.

In 2018 I expect to fly less. Still have valid worldwide insurance for the TBM and also global Jepp Charts, so maybe I make use of them and go to US and/or Svalbard. Maybe back to aerobatics.

LPFR, Poland

Unfortunately less flying this year than last year, for no specific reason.

This year will certainly have more flying trips, because I got married.

Now you’ll ask how can I possibly end up flying more in 2018 if I got married? Simple – I married a pilot. We already have more trip ideas just for the British Isles than there are weekends in 2018.

Andreas IOM

Brilliant – Alioth Congratulations!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message