Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2017 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2018?

Slightly over 49 hours this year and hoping to add another 90 minutes tomorrow night, if the weather holds out, to watch the fireworks from above (again ) so will probably end up with the same hours as per 2016, which, bearing in mind the aircraft was AOG until February (major documentation issues with ‘new’ maintenance organisation) and also in July / August due to waiting for a new propeller (MT-V12 composite) after some inconsiderate hangar neighbour damaged the old one, is ok.

On the plus side, bigger usable load (+18Kg), engine runs cooler and feels smoother – but no noticeable performance benefits in terms of cruise, initial acceleration is better, needs between 70 and 100m less to achieve Vr….

Wanted to get up to Scotland but weather was against it, hoping to get there in 2018, failing that another trip to Croatia or Venice would be nice….

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 30 Dec 17:17
EDL*, Germany

455 hours(new annual record), mostly work as instructor of course but also a lot of other fun flying. Best flying trip was our tour around the Baltic Sea in a vintage aircraft which also added some new destinations to my logbook. Also bought an aircraft which has been great!

Airport highlights of the year:
EKFM – Femø Island. Very nice little airstrip with a lovely restaurant on the apron.
EDQC – Coburg. What a great location on top of that hill!
ENTY – Tynset. Incredibly smooth grass runway and the scenery is amazing.

Next year I hope to do my Aerobatic rating and SEP(Sea).

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

EKFM – Femø Island. Very nice little airstrip with a lovely restaurant on the apron.

Did you take-off before or after the “bump”?

ESME, ESMS

I actually took of towards the trees so I think the bump came a bit too early. :)

ESSZ, Sweden

The year hasn’t ended yet!

Tököl LHTL

Indeed. Am on shift today but Storm Dylan is probably going to preclude any flying …
For 2017:
157 hrs total
123.4 on the works helicopter (HEMS and Air Ambulance)
33.6 play of which 32 is in the TL Sting and a small number of hops in the SSDR E111

Renew IR
Long distance touring in the summer
Keep medical!
Maybe, just maybe a bigger aircraft more suited for long distance touring (and carrying her bags – 8kg in a small locker just doesn’t cut it!)

United Kingdom

About 2hrs this year

Adam if you are ever this side of the pond you are always welcome for some grass roots tailwheel aviating.

On instagram there is a beautiful shot of a Turbo Commander 840 somewhere over the western US. Hopefully your TC will be flying as planned in 2018.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdV30IjFJxf/?tagged=turbocommander

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

120h this year. Corsica, Scotland, Venice are the trip highlights. For 2018 I’d like to fly more on business, but my three bases are inconvenient (Paris and Madrid) or quite far (Milan and Madrid), so opening one in Amsterdam :-)

I also need to do some serious thinking about my plane and typical flight profile. I really love the Mirage, it’s fast, versatile and very reliable (yes, yes), but my kids are growing up at an incredible rate and I can’t realistically plan to continue going to the south of France direct. So I either need something that will carry more or a better climber to make those stops less time consuming.

EGTF, LFTF

Just returned from my final flight of the year:

• 302 hours to the minute
  • 6 different types
  • 20 different airports

The total number of hours will be hard to match in 2018, so my goal is to add some night hours as The Netherlands are finally legalizing night VFR on July 1st!

For 2017:

164 hours 11 min (got my PPL Nov 16th 2016 though ;)
Total 178 flights, mostly on my own DA40NG but with occasional C172 hours counted in.

I think this hobby is a keeper. And looking 200+ hours after I get my IR completed before next summer.

Pekka

Flying Finn living in Switzerland.
LSZL LOcarno, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message