Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2017 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2018?

Finally posting in this thread in order not to have excuses anymore. Last year: 50hrs, flew the Cirrus, finally flew a glider again, landed an A319 (in the sim), toured California. Missed the family trips to the sea due to WX. This year: enroll and finish the E-IR, FI, and,if I find the motivation, the CPL theory knowledge test. Fly a new type of aircraft. Fly in the US. Spend a weekend at the place where everything started and fly a glider. Go to EDXH, Helgoland. Take my family to the sea. I hope to log some 75hrs and 100+ landings.

What have I eventually done in 2018: Finished the E-IR, enrolled for the FI but cancelled to find the time to complete CPL first. Managed the first 6 subjects, the rest will follow in JAN and FEB 2019 plus FI theory in MAR/APR. Flew a new type and a glider (500+k in an EB29).Took familiy to the sea numerous times, well spent money and flight time. Flew in the US: California, Hawaii and New England, great! Logged ca. 85hrs and 130ish landings, got my taildragger endorsement. Did not go to Helgoland due to WX…IFR would have been ok, but swimming in the rain did not appeal to me. I´m happy with 2018.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

I´ve started training for my E-IR, put on 9hrs and 24 landings and my first cross country (or cross ocean?) of the year will hopefully take place in about three weeks…pics to follow!

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

Building 10-12 sectors MEP/IR in 2-3 months to extend my license would be a good improvement on the last months.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Ex work I am flying around 60-70 hours p.a. and in 2017 the furthest I flew was to God’s own country, Yorkshire. Have added a few types of which the Pitts S2-A has been the most pleasant. Have set a goal of competing at least once at the Club level, if the goal is achieved will try and move up to a higher level next year.

Hoping work will allow me to fly to La Cerdanya in May.

It’s over five years in the 90HP Super Cub and am still pleasantly surprised how simple and well built they are.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

It won’t be hard for me to improve on the last two years where i’ve managed the sum total of 3 hours…..
I live in hope that this year will finally be the year I actually get to go places.

Forever learning
EGTB

I was hoping for one more ski trip – after having done 3 this winter, by airline… I am not sure whether keeping a plane is more expensive than this other hobby

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Probably EDNY if engines exchange is done as planned.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Doing the yearly pelerinage with the misses to Sardegna (Alghero) for Easter.

Last Edited by LFHNflightstudent at 11 Mar 05:54
LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Now that the winter is (slowly) coming to an end, what will be your first trip?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am a bit late posting – understandable, as one can see how much I had to work in 2017 and had no time to fly. Also very clear when I did my PPL (2006/7), then studied for the frozen ATPL (2012/13) and then picked up MEP and IR training in 2014/15. It’s like following my life in the last 10 years based on my flying hours only

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland
79 Posts
Sign in to add your message