Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your flying year, 2013

So with the aircraft now in for its annual, I am done with flying for this year. Took a look back and it has gone well.

Total hours since 1 Jan: 256:37
Sorties: 146
Piston hours: 80
Turboprop hours: 176
Night hours: 28:49
Actual IMC: 37:04

EGTK Oxford

My equivalents were (all SR22)

Total: 245.8
Sorties: 140
Night 11.7
Actual IMC 43.2

EGSC

Those are highly impressive and very unusual figures – about 10x the UK PPL average and probably about 5x the UK JAA/EASA IR holder average.

My TT for 2013 so far is about 145hrs, which is at the higher end of my annual figures. I recall one year, when I was still G-reg, when I just reached 150hrs, and faced the stupid 150hr service, but actually 150hrs in the pilot logbook is maybe 130hrs airborne time on the aircraft maintenance system.

90 flights (“sorties” has a sort of military pretence )

About 18hrs of “instrument time” which I log as either time in IMC or time under the hood, with the latter being wholly from the annual JAA IR revalidation flight.

All in the TB20

Last Edited by Peter at 15 Dec 13:23
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So my year consisted of mainly towing gliders from High Wycombe, with some aerobatics thrown in:

250 Hours since 1st Jan (Piper cub, Robin, Pawnee, T67, Cap10)
Around 750ish take off and landings.
30 hours of Gliding in various gliders.

So almost 300 hours in the air this year is pretty good, i have completed my hour building and now have 350TT. So after i have completed my CPL/IR i should be applying for flying jobs with around 400 hours which might put me in a better position than 200 hours fresh out of flying school!

Onwards and upwards!

London Area

I’ve flown about 30 hours in the spring in my Piper Warrior after having been to the hospital (gallbladder operation …) and when i came out i decided to buy the SR22 THIS YEAR. I’ve flown the SR22-G2 about 60 hours from July to October, not much flying after that …

I’ve flown the Cirrus from Gloucester to Munich (with the help of boscomantico, by the way!), then to Split in Croatia once, to Berlin three times and to Prague, all IFR “light” flights, especially the flight to Berlin with the family.

IFR: 20 h
VFR: 70 h

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 15 Dec 17:09

Total hours since 1 Jan: 258.7
Sorties: 165
Night hours: 66.9
IFR time: 193.0
Actual IMC: 54.9

United Kingdom

Total hours: 40
Sorties: 42
Night hours: 0
IFR time: 13
Actual IMC 8

Lower than my previous years but we have had an engine rebuild in the beginning part of this year and now a re-spray so more downtime than usual, and less flying than 2012. Must do better next year ;-)

Though I would add that is 40 hours as P1, and I would have spent about 30 hours of that as a kind of pilot monitoring (aka passenger) on a return leg.

Total hours: 146:29
Landings: 133
Piston: 20:50
Turboprop: 125:39
IFR time: about 130 hours

EDXQ

Very poor this year. Currently only 26.5 hours. Weather, time and principally the economic climate to blame. Achieving a combination of time, weather and money has been difficult. Looking forward to 2024 on the basis that things cannot get much worse

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

2024? :-)

69 Posts
Sign in to add your message