Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your greatest trip of 2013?

With the year just about over…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For me, two trips stand out. My trip to Stornoway (I adore Scotland) and a simple IFR trip Shoreham-Manston-Lydd-Shoreham. Picked up some icing on this trip so good for experience even if it did unleash all sorts of extreme human behaviour in the cockpit. Hahahahahaha.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

For me, Project Propeller.

Flying into RAF Coningsby with a WW2 Bomber Command veteran in my right seat was just a total privilege. It’s the second time we have flown together and he’s a great guy to share a cockpit with.

On top of that, I was able to get inside the BBMF Lancaster and talk to the crew and then to squeeze myself into the cockpit of a Typhoon and have it explained by a current pilot.

No other day this year came close.

EGSC

Very nice! I had the homor once to fly the Typhoon full flight simulator. A lot of fun!

Best flights this years were ferrying my new (used) SR22 from Gloucester to Munich and a nice IFR flight to Split, Croatia.

For me the best trip was also rather short. It took about 30 minutes from my home to fly 3 people to Duxford. There we joined with the Anglian Regiment for the Remembrance Day service at the memorial. It was a most thought provoking day! We take so much of our freedom for granted.

UK, United Kingdom

Best flight / trip for me this year was Santa Monica to Flagstaff (AZ), then next day over the Grand Canyon via the Zuni corridor and on to Kayenta for an aerial tour of Monument Valley. And back a day later. Spectacular!

@alexisvc: were did you fly the Typhoon sim? I had the pleasure of doing so at the BAE facilities in Warton some years ago. Great experience!

My favourite trip was to Welshpool UK. It was IMC then VFR-ON-TOP most of the way then VMC somewhere over the Welsh mountains, so lovely flying conditions and then the beautiful mountains. After landing it was nice sitting at the airfield with a bit of food and drink, in amongst the valley. My furthest trip was La Rochelle, though not my favourite simply because we didn’t stop for long and came back the same day.

Best trip for me was Hamm – Ostend – Shoreham – Perranporth – Yeovilton – Duxford – Cambridge – Middensee – Hamm. A number of firsts – firstly across the Channel, remember flying over a Channel Ferry and could practically see the people on the stern looking up, then landing at a Military Base (Yeovilton) and finally crossing the North Sea. Next year it’s Croatia with (hopefully) a leg through the Alps.

EDL*, Germany

My co-owner and I flew our permit aircraft from RAF Syerston (EGXY) to Berlin (Schoenhagen EDAZ) where we did the tourist thing for a day. Then we flew down to Tannheim (EDMT) to visit Tannkosh.
On our way home we got stuck at Saarlouis (EDRJ) for a night before making it back to Syerston via Lydd.

EGXY, United Kingdom

172driver,
that was at the Typhoon final assembly place in Manching. I did a story about the production (and 200 photos…) and they let me fly the sim for an hour. It was the Laser Dome simulator. Without motion but with 360 degree projection

25 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one