Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your greatest trip of 2014?

For me, the Corsica fly-in in September, followed by a long trip around some Greek Islands, was the best one.

However, taking the Corsica part in isolation, I would not say it was as good as the Mali Losinj fly-in in May. That was a really great location which is going to be very hard to improve on, ever.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My IFR- training flight around the Alps. 2300 km in 7,5 hours: Landshut (near Munich) to Avignon – Avignon to Portoroz in Slovenia (along the Cote d’Azur and across Italy and the Adriatic sea) and back home over the mountains ….

As a trip Corsica was the best but as a flying experience the flight from Zagreb to Samsun was really great.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

My most memorable trip in 2014 was to Vilshofen – Pula – Dubrovnik – Lido di Venezia – flew through the alps via the Brenner – Eggenfelden – Koblenz then back home. Fantastic trip, ideal weather, great locations.

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 29 Jan 19:40
EDL*, Germany

20,000nm from the UK through Iceland, Greenland, Canada and all around the US then back. If you haven’t done an Atlantic crossing it is worth doing at least once.

EGTK Oxford

From Teuge (EHTE) to South Africa through the Sahara,Mauretania, Mali and West Africa, São Tomé Islands, Congo, Angola, Namibia to Johannesburg and back past the Victoria Falls, through the Rift Valley to the mountain gorillas in Uganda, then through a war zone in South Sudan, Ethiopia, Jibuti, Yemen, Saudi Arabia to Egypt, Israel and back home through Europe to Holland. See: http://acrossafricachallenge.com

EDLE, Netherlands

Welshpool to Shobdon to Halfpenny Green to Sleap and back to Welshpool. ’Fraid so.

Cannes and Corsica (Propriano) and back to Paris.

LFLY, France

We only did one trip last year so it automatically qualifies as being the best…

Biscarrosse – half way down the cost between La Rochelle and Biarritz is a fantastic place to visit. Nice airfield with seaplane ops on the south lake. The north lake is great with plenty of watersports going on. Nice coastline as well.

We stayed for a couple of days on the airpark with the British folks who own a 337, then a couple of nights in town at the lovely Hype Hotel.

Not as far as the other adventures on here, but I recommend it nonetheless!

If you haven’t done an Atlantic crossing it is worth doing at least once.

It’s kind of cheating doing it in your aircraft though ;)

18 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one