Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your instrument panel

cute panel and beautiful surroundings!
here is another Jodel, still work in progress though

Double Aspen on the left, double Garmin on the right, Whaouh… (French exclamation). What comes in the center ? And on what aircraft ?
Michel

LFLG - Grenoble le Versoud, France

michelb wrote:

Double Aspen on the left, double Garmin on the right, Whaouh… (French exclamation)

If you would compare the original panel to what was considered a standard IFR equipment in late 1960s, I would say: just keeping it up to date. The plane is 45 years old, factory new Robins can now-days be ordered with G500. I hope to achieve a similar user experience with dual Aspen.

michelb wrote:

What comes in the center ?

It’s a nice Ipad mount with integrated cooling

michelb wrote:

And on what aircraft ?

Jodel Regent or DR-253

Double Whaouh ! I completely recognize this very particular stick and have loved the aircraft, long ago.
Congrats on your “keeping up to date” !
Are you based in UK ?
Michel

LFLG - Grenoble le Versoud, France

This was before the upgrade. The upgrade consisted of replacing the radio with an 8.33 Trig, ( which matches the Mode S Trig shown,) and rivetting a black-painted aluminium plate over the hole.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Forever learning
EGTB

This is ours in our Mooney 252:

I wrote about it here. The engine monitor is placed where the old engine instruments were, so I didn’t have to change the habit where to look at. The stomescope had to be placed where it is, because it would not fit to the left of the G500 (too long). So there wasn’t much choice about the layout.

Last Edited by terbang at 06 Dec 11:24
EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

my glider Shempp Hirt Cirrus 75:

my UL MD3- Rider, before:

and after:

We’ve added mode-s txp, Dynon D6 efis instead of russian AoA (very difficult to use being inverted!), ELT 406Mhz, new and more reliable MAP gauge and Flybox governor for the new FP constant speed propeller.

Navigation is done with onboard Garmin 296 as a backup unit and Android tablet with fly is fun software (superb app) as the main navigation software.

Last Edited by turillo1986 at 06 Dec 14:30
LILC, Italy

This is the panel as it was before the rebuild started, I should start cutting metal after Christmas for the new panel, EFIS would remove about 20Lb in the panel and another 30Lb in electrical cable and remote boxes.

Sign in to add your message