Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your instrument panel

That’s a very neat Grob panel. What are those “things” in the top edge of the panel?

It has the same clock as I have in the RH yoke, except that the battery in mine is usually flat

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It is a Flarm display

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

today in texas 20 degrees centigrade December 10, great weather for flying
then I watched the news and saw what is going on in france and England, son sent pictures from London snowed

KHQZ, United States

Hard to find pictures of the panel in flight. But here is one. 1974 Cessna 182P. We purchased it new at the factory and still fly it. 3rd engine. Flint Tip Tanks. TKS deIce. IO-520 engine. GMX-200 MFD, GNS-480 GPS, Sandel HSI, Garmin 345 ADS-B transponder, SL-30 second Nav-Com, STEC 55X autopilot with altitude preselect, Air Data Computer, Non Garmin Audio Panel, and (of course) an iPad with ForeFlight.

Daughter flying

Wife flying

KBDN (Bend Oregon, USA), Other

Cessna Citation Mustang owned by our hangar neighbor. We flew with him round trip from Bend, Oregon to Tucson, Arizona. The thing I noticed most is that he set his autopilot for 41,000 feet and on the whole flight the altitude never showed 41,001 or 40,999. I’ve never seen any altitude held so stable. G1000 panel. It was fun looking DOWN at the airliners from a mile above them.

Last Edited by GaryandAlice at 11 Dec 03:32
KBDN (Bend Oregon, USA), Other

on the whole flight the altitude never showed 41,001 or 40,999

That is a “fake”, implemented in software. It is a standard thing to do with digital readouts on all equipment (put in a bit of hysteresis) otherwise it would be disconcerting to the user.

Administrator

Mockup of the panel design on the RV-14A we’re building:

Left to right:

• Oxygen connector
  • G5
  • Ignition controls and start button
  • G3X PFD
  • Warning and caution lights
  • Master power and external lighting controls
  • Autopilot controls
  • GTN
  • COM2
  • DME
  • Flap control, TOGA button, systems switches
  • Emergency controls (trim and AP interrupt, emergency oxygen, alt static, CO test and ELT
  • Oxygen control head
  • Internal lighting dimmers
  • Aux breakers
  • G5 PD for the RHS
  • Oxygen connector
Last Edited by jwoolard at 11 Dec 07:27
EGEO

The thing I noticed with the TKS installation is that one needs to make room (and keep even more room) for more circuit breakers.

Another thing I noticed was that one homebuilder (a Eurofox, IIRC) put a CB next to each switch, rather than grouping the CBs together.

Administrator

@Howard

>>Then there is ADSB-out…I really want to do that and am waiting for some good reports on some stable kit before going ahead.

Hmm with your 530w and the Trigg ADSB out should be installed already? My 430W and the Trigg do it.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Another thing I noticed was that one homebuilder (a Eurofox, IIRC) put a CB next to each switch, rather than grouping the CBs together.

I can see the ergonomic argument for that, but its a pain to install. CBs are a lot easier when you can run a bus bar down a whole row on one side.

EGEO
Sign in to add your message