Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zlin Shock Cub

A lot of interesting detail in the design of this Ultra STOL. Nice grass airfield as well.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I wonder if it’s an LAA accepted design (or will be soon) and can be fitted with a glider tow hook? If only I had 80k eur sitting in my bank account doing nothing :-)

Andreas IOM

Its an amazing aircraft. I am going to go and get a test flight in one of these in the spring. I think this aircraft with the new Rotax 915is will be just ballistic.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I’ve been in touch with Zlin Aviation. They are not pursuing CS-VLA or CS-LSA certification in Europe. They are offering kit build options, but you would need to get the type onto the LAA (or ILAS over here) Approved Aircraft Type List. They are producing the ready to fly aircraft in line the FAA LSA rules.

I am trying to figure out if you can operate an N reg LSA aircraft outside the USA?

I will ask the FAA, and I’m asking the IAA over here too. It would be a shame to give up the factory build quality if there was a work around on the Regulations. I know there was a Cub Crafter Carbon Cub that I flew which was factory built and it was flying as EI-LSA. Any Ideas?

Edit; Here would be an example of a similar LSA type registered in the US.
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=1300

Last Edited by WilliamF at 10 Jan 19:16
Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message