Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German ARC & Export of CofA for M20K

Hello, everyone.

I have a friend who has been having trouble transferring his M20K from German REG to UK REG. Looking for someone who can oversee CofA, then assist with the transfer from D reg to the reserved G reg.

Initially had someone looking into this, but it went cold and have been in limbo since.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

PM me I know someone who can help.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Can it be posted here so others can benefit too?

If it was me doing this, I would get some retired CAA inspector to look at it first, informally, because once you de-register from D, if you have a problem with G acceptance, your plane is worth not much more than scrap metal.

Same with any registry mode, BTW, despite what was often said about it being trivial, brexit or not. The UK CAA did not always accept aircraft, because they check stuff like whether STCs were correctly applied.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You’d have to have a good reason to put an aeroplane that’s not being used for hire/training/AOC work onto the G-reg.

I’ll pick one example, the first one that comes to mind. You want to overhaul a fuel selector, heater or landing gear power pack. Who can do that and give you the correct CAA release note? As these aircraft age, the best register to be on is the one where the best repair capabilities exist. That is not on the G-reg.

Just my two cents on it.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

The reason to go on G-reg may be this and I know someone who did this for precisely this reason, at a massive cost, but I think the reasoning is wrong.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

He has a UK CAA license. He wants to go G-REG post-Brexit. Previously EASA FCL.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message