Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A before and after photo PLUS a question for the experts.........

The applicant can count P1 time under IFR using a IR(R) or IMC rating, with instruction given by a independent FI or IRI up top a specified maximum. An ATO is then required to assess any credits and conduct the balance of training up to test standard.

Yup, that’s what part-FCL says. (Appendix 6, Section Aa, ยง6.) The details are:

(a) A single-engine competency-based modular IR course shall include at least 40 hours of instrument time under instruction, of which up to 10 hours may be instrument ground time in an FNPT I, or up to 25 hours in an FFS or FNPT II. A maximum of 5 hours of FNPT II or FFS instrument ground time may be conducted in an FNPT I.
(i) When the applicant has:
(A) completed instrument flight instruction provided by an IRI(A) or an FI holding the privilege to provide training for the IR; or
(B) prior flight time under IFR as PIC on aeroplanes, under a rating providing the privileges to fly under IFR and in IMC
these hours may be credited towards the 40 hours above up to maximum of 30 hours,
(ii) When the applicant has prior instrument flight time under instruction other than specified in point (a)(i), these hours may be credited towards the required 40 hours up to a maximum of 15 hours.
(iii) In any case, the flying training shall include at least 10 hours of instrument flight time under instruction in an aeroplane at an ATO.
(iv) The total amount of dual instrument instruction shall not be less than 25 hours.
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
21 Posts
Sign in to add your message