Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anyone fly to Cape Verdi

10 Posts

Anyone fly to Cape Verdi Islands? Looking for a possible winter getaway.

KHTO, LHTL

Have not, but are you planning this in the C210? If so, I would first of all check how to get 100LL en route.

Probably not, just curious if anyone has done it. Looking for someplace warm during the winter. Probably commercial to Caribbean or Cape Verde or possibly SE Asia.

I could always borrow Achims turtle pack. Just dont tell Michael

KHTO, LHTL

The nearest “warm” place from central Europe, in the winter, are the Canary Islands, and in a TB20 they are flyable from UK or Germany with 1 fuel stop.

Central Spain can be very warm till end November, if you get lucky. I went to Salamanca 20th Nov last year and it was +25C, but right after I departed I changed and was finished for the rest of the year.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For the warmest water in winter close to Europe, try the Red Sea – either Eilat if you want to stay within the Western civilisation, or some small Egyptian town like Dahab for the quiet, relaxed and inexpensive life. I spent a few winters in Eilat myself.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 03 Oct 20:44
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Yes definetly Western Civilization. I did some preliminary study and there is no way Im going to adventure it down to Verde even though Ive seen 3 GA airplanes down there. A mooney and a Cessna and something that looks like a Husky.

KHTO, LHTL

Well, then, Israel is perfectly reachable on your own, too. A convenient stop in the Mediterranean is Rhodes LGRP. The optimal airport of entry into Israel for small aircraft is Haifa LLHA. And Eilat airport (LLET) is directly in the centre of town! Possible pastimes in Eilat include include snorkeling, SCUBA, sailing, windsurfing, paddleboarding, cycling (mountain or level-ground, depending on which way you go), hiking, etc. If you need a long-term accommodation, drop me a line, my landlord may have something.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Thanks Ultra sounds like an interesting trip. Will look into it.

KHTO, LHTL

Well, better Cape Verdi than Lake Rossini, I should think. Not to even mention the dreaded Mount Wagner!

(sorry, couldn’t resist)

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Its a bit too cold for Jan or Feb. I think we will have to fly somewhere to the tropics commercially. Which I would hate to do considering I have the plane.

KHTO, LHTL
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message