Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cheapest engine oil in Europe

www.kreissler24.de , didn’t see any Aeroshell 15W50

which is why I suggested a little inquiry.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I have used Link

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Interesting… that’s TOTAL oil, not the Shell or Exxon which are normally used in Lyco or Conti engines.

When got my engine with Total on this annual, I specifically queried my engineer about compatibility of different oil brands. He assured me Total and Aeroshell are fully compatible and it’s totally OK to mix them.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Total Oil, called D80 or D100 is sold/used on many german airfields. I have been using it for a long time. D80/100 is exactly the same as Shell’s W80/100

Also single grade oil can be mixed with multigrade oil without any problems.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 03 Jan 21:22

I’ve used it for the last 3 years and my oil bill 1200 quid a year. I’ve not noticed any difference from shell which we used previously

my oil bill 1200 quid a year

Just curious do you operate a super constellation or how do you manage to use so much oil in a year?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

A long time ago, I used to use Total. I stopped after I “ate” a camshaft on a Lycoming IO-360 despite that it was being flown fairly regularly.

I switched to AeroShell 15W50 then AeroShell 80Plus – the reason being that both of these oils have an corrosion inhibitor not present with the Total product.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

after I “ate” a camshaft on a Lycoming IO-360

Would that have much to do with the quality of the oil, or the label on the tin?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

No, it’s due to the engine design on Lycomings. Doesn’t even have much to do with how regularly you fly it. The Cheetah I fly had 1300 hours in three years and the camshaft was out of spec.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

But I’ve known c152 doing 400 hours a year on aeroshell to eat camshafts.

I’ve always put it down to crap engine thatcare 40 years out of date

Sign in to add your message