Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying into EDDM - any tips?

It must be worth getting an AOC (the cheapest possible type) for the larger operators, because just showing it to the pump man gives you duty- and VAT-free fuel.

If you're operating a business jet, an A-A AOC is probably not such an easy sell to your local CAA.. And, if you don't fly alot, the costs associated with having a privately operated aircraft on a decent AOC will likely be more than the extra fuel cost. At least, that's how it works out for us for the moment. Unfortunately the margin for an hour in a Citation isn't enough to warrant the extra costs for running it on an AOC in order to sell a few hours per year.

On a different note, anyone been to Budapest, LHBP?

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

How about getting a C152 and putting that on an A-A AOC, and showing that to the pump man when you fill up your jet?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There are many ways to commit tax fraud, in general plenty of options for a criminal career. I'd be very careful.

If you fly in a with a jet it's really no problem and then the "high cost" probably doesn't matter much, in relation. But for WALDKRAIBURG I would go to Salzburg

achimha, as a Bavarian (Munich) to me STUTTGART is the capital of Swabia. Augsburg is still Swabia-light :-))

But for WALDKRAIBURG I would go to Salzburg

...and I would go to Ampfing EDNA.

...not in a Citation though...:-)))

Yeah, sometimes it's a privilege to fly an a lowly SEP...

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yeah, sometimes it's a privilege to fly an a lowly SEP...

That's very true and in this case we would have been better off with a TBM or PC12 even.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

...and I would go to Ampfing EDNA.

They had nice pizza there 20 years ago

United Kingdom

To revisit this thread. I just went into EDDM. Overnight parking. No handling. Under €300 all in including VAT. Parked on Apron 8 but was fine for my purposes. Slots were easy.

Now the taxiing. Single pilot is hard work there as with most large commercial airports.

EGTK Oxford

€300 seems to be a real bargain.

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message