Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ISA-14 today

The plane was doing +300fpm at FL195 and could have probably gone to FL210 easily, but there is nowhere in the UK one can do that without the Eurocontrol business. I have never tried filing an A-to-A flight plan… does it work?

As you can see from the sound track, you get no peace anywhere

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Autorouter now supports A-A plans

LSZK, Switzerland

For the IFR challenged among us, what’s an A-A plan?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

A flightplan where departure and destination are the same airport

LSZK, Switzerland

Takeoff and landing at the same place.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Ah ok. Thank you

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I wonder what would be the shortest A-A IFR flight plan on which one could realistically get a climb to FL200, out of Shoreham EGKA?

Administrator

Yeovilton?

EGTK Oxford

I have never tried filing an A-to-A flight plan… does it work?

Yes! Otherwise, IFR training flights would be difficult. If you want to stay in an area as opposed to flying a route, you use STAY in the route field and STAYINFO in field 18.

I wonder what would be the shortest A-A IFR flight plan on which one could realistically get a climb to FL200, out of Shoreham EGKA?

Try something like this!

(FPL-XXXXX-IG -1TB20/L -SDFGRY/S -EGKA1200 -N0140F200 SRH STAY1/0200 SRH -EGKA0200 -DOF/150305 STAYINFO1/TEST FLT PBN/B2 -E/0600 P/001)

For some reason I couldn’t create a new TB20 aircraft in the autorouter (??) and with my existing aircraft Eurocontrol wouldn’t accept higher than FL120 for performance reasons. But in principle you can file a flight plan like this.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I realise one could file that, but I can’t see where in the southern UK one could get a climb to FL200 in CAS.

The Yeovilton area has potential too, for a Class G climb. In theory it has the “busy” military areas but the RAF fast jet fleet is so small these days and probably based elsewhere… The funny thing is that nothing legally stops you from just going there and doing FL199 non-radio

For some reason I couldn’t create a new TB20 aircraft in the autorouter

You should raise a support ticket for that.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message