Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CBM IR finished

Congratulations Rob. How come you only had 26 hours flight instruction? I suppose you got credit for prior experience like IR(R)?

Last Edited by Aviathor at 27 Jul 11:34
LFPT, LFPN

hahaha ! excellent ! well done….

I started my JAA TK in 2011 and am still not done
Now it starts to get on my nerve but… I don’t pay school rates for flying as it’s my airclub so I suppose you can’t have it both ways…

Where are the missing 14h ? Simulation ? previous Instrument flying ?

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

With reference to the hours, I had about 18 hours that was countable prior to starting the course. 11 hrs was my IMC (IR(R)) rating done last September, the balance of that 18hrs was from previous training and P1 in IMC after the IR(R). The sessions at Rate one were approx. weekly though I had a 4 week break to the last session due to personal circumstances.

Last Edited by Rob2701 at 27 Jul 11:53
EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Congratulations.

The single pilot IR is the single hardest thing you will do in aviation.

London area

Congrats!

Congratulations Rob, especially for the first-time pass. You’ve no doubt had to work very hard for this.

A few of us here on EuroGA are alumni of Rate One, always pleased to see another good result.

EGBJ / Gloucestershire

Rob, congratulations! I’m sure you will gain a whole lot of utility and have loads of fun with the new rating.

Perhaps we should ask Jim to start an Old Rate Oneians society

As to the IFR vs VFR argument: some things are easier IFR, some things are easier VFR, and some things are more fun one way than another. Personally, I enjoy both. IFR does have the benefit that the rules are less variable between countries – but some people would say that’s part of the fun…

Last Edited by jwoolard at 27 Jul 15:31
EGEO

Josh wrote:

The single pilot IR is the single hardest thing you will do in aviation.

I disagree, I find it much harder to fly single pilot VFR in marginal VMC.

LSZK, Switzerland

tomjnx wrote:

I disagree, I find it much harder to fly single pilot VFR in marginal VMC.

.. .But you generally don’t need to do it to pass the test

Equally, the consequences of failing your scud-running exam are rather more serious and a resit is rather unlikely!

London area
Sign in to add your message