Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How do "homebuilt" pilots get the permits?

I have had permission from Spain. Although having applied 6 weeks in advance, the permission only arrived in the week before departure and Portugal wasn’t much better

What was the nature of the permission from Spain? Is it suitably long that given the enormous lead time you can apply for one speculatively because you’re thinking of going there some time in the next 4 months, for example, rather than having a concrete itinery already laid out?

Andreas IOM

What was the nature of the permission from Spain?

That was in 2007 and I don’t have the paperwork handy.

I believe they simply validated the permit for it’s remaining validity period for use in Spanish airspace, but I would need to check and confirm. And the procedure may have changed since then.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

I also found this recent information from another group discussion:

Request for a 6 months to one year authorization must be sent by regular mail. No scans by email. I suggest you also indicate date of first intended trip to speed up response. Request must include copies of the following documents :
Permit to fly certificate (Certificado de Aeronavigabilidad)
Tail number certificate – must check mine to give it a proper name (Matricula)
Insurance certificate and proof that it has been paid for (Certificado de Seguro y prueba de pago)
Pilot Licence and Medical certificate (Licencia de Piloto y Certificado Medico)

Contact : Javier Asenjo – Head of Departamento Trabajos Aereos – +34 91 396 8000 – jasenjo@… – Señorita Avei person I talked with
Address :
Señor Javier Asenjo
AESA – Servicio Trabajos Aereos y Aviacion Deportiva
Avenida General Peron N° 40
Portal B primera Planta
28020 Madrid – España

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

I would love to go to LESO (San Sebastian) again and spend the night, rather than as fuel stop, so will give the above a go and see what happens!

EGBP, United Kingdom
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message