Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

@Aviathor wrote:

They have instead banned N-reg aircraft from being based in Norway.

And how do they do that ? I mean, how can they do that at the same time honoring the Chicago Convention ? (point me to the thread if this has already been discussed, thanks)

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Here it is, @Michael\. There may be a few other threads as well.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 26 Feb 08:35
LFPT, LFPN

I believe Canada prevent Canadians from keeping their aircraft on the N register….I haven’t looked into how they do that, but it seems to be the case…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Michael wrote:

I mean, how can they do that at the same time honoring the Chicago Convention ?

And how would this be contrary to the Chicago Convention? Norway does not forbid aircraft on foreign registries to fly into Norway of through Norwegain airspace.

LFPT, LFPN

Peter wrote:

Currently this is possible only on the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands, none of which are attractive unless you really want to be based there (you basically have to live there)

Hey, it’s nice here (notwithstanding the last 3 months of almost constant low IFR conditions, heavy rain, and 40kt+ winds…)

Andreas IOM

Plenty of M- reg corporate iron, I believe they are owned in the IoM and require a regulated local management company. I don’t think there are many light GA on the register, possibly some twins, but the registry is designed for larger corporate aircraft.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

AFAIK Spanish air law prohibits ‘Spanish operators’ (whatever that may mean) to base non-EU aircraft permanently in Spain. I would read this that a Spanish national would not be able to base an N-reg here, but a foreign resident would. There are some tax issues here as well, if anyone wants to know more, PM me..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

The Isle of Man will accept aircraft onto the register provided they are turbine types over 5.7 tonnes. A UK company, for example, can own an Isle of Man reg jet without the need for anything on the island. The rules are on their web site.

For RESIDENTS of the IoM there is no lower weight limit, so that’s why there are some SEPs etc.

As a minor claim to fame, I was the “first” pilot of the IoM Aviation Authority, being the holder of Isle of Man Pilot Validation no 1

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Peter, what references should I provide? I have a Swiss PPL which now has become an EASA PPL issued by the Swiss FOCA. The Swiss apply EASA regulations eventhough they are not an EU country. The official website, which is available also in English, provides all information.

FAA licensed pilots operating N-registered airplanes out of Switzerland are subjected to the same EASA FCL conversion issues as pilots operating such aircraft out of an EU country. Switzerland is not in the EU but is an EASA member state. I presume that a Brexit will not automatically mean that the UK will also leave EASA membership.

LSZH

http://skyguide.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/publications/brochures/EASA-brochure-EN.pdf

Page 4 clarifies that EU regulations will be taken over into Swiss law, is it this you were looking for?

LSZH
Sign in to add your message