Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Local ATS areas in Denmark

Hello everyone, I’m planning a VFR trip to Denmark and have a question about the LTA’s (Local ATS Areas) that can be found around some airports. Am I correct that flight information service within these LTA’s is provided by the respective Approach controller, instead of Copenhagen Information? For instance, flying north into Denmark from Germany in G or E airspace, I would contact Skrydstrup Approach for FIS, and not Copenhagen Info? This doesn’t become clear to me from the NAVAIR ‘Information to VFR pilots’ folder. Thanks a lot! Robert.

Last Edited by rweenink at 24 Jul 17:00
Netherlands

I fly this route each year. Normally Langen information will provide the continuing frequency as you approach the border but in case of doubt I’d go to the frequency indicated by Sky Demon, which is Skrydstrup approach in this case. ATC in Denmark is excellent and you can expect to be handed on from each zone to the next.

In all cases it’s wise to be ready for the next zone with a local area frequency or Copenhagen information if you are leaving controlled airspace. It’s a little different in Sweden where handovers may not be offered automatically. I find a printout of SD’ s ‘pilot log’ for the route very helpful to avoid fiddling with screens etc..

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Thanks a lot, very helpful! Cheers, Robert.

Netherlands
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message