Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The similarities between and aircraft and a horse

If it flies, floats, or f-s, its cheaper to rent by the hour…

Riding horses, sailing, riding motocycles are hobbies as cumbersome as flying.
I don’t get how women agree to ride on the back of a motocycle for a week, through sun and rain, talking moto stuff every evening among a group of moto addicts
Same of women who agree to live on a sail boat.
Quite some young adults from the paris upper-class spend a dozen weekends per year in Brittany to sail (thanks TGV). Some carry on even when married.

GA looks so much more “civilized” to me

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 12 Jul 09:56
LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

Same of women who agree to live on a sail boat.

That largely depends on the boat.

Lots of people simply love to be near or at the sea, sunbathe, swim, do other stuff in a maritime setting. Also works on lakes. And from a certain size, boats are family vehicles, so it actually means people spending time together.

As for living, well, again, depends on the boat. Some are quite luxorious. Also some people make a life out of a project boat, buy it cheap and then restore it together.

Many other such hobbies usually divide the family up, unless all of them are involved in the same thing. That is a general problem not restricted to GA or horses or boating or whatever. To find a partner which has similar interests or which is sufficiently independent to follow their own while allowing you to follow yours is the biggest challenge in life I suppose.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message