Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA to Lucca LIQL via Bergerac LFBE, IFR and VFR

Quote In fact, these are all no cases of radio “failure”, but rather loss of communication.
So I stand by my statement that a dual radio failure (unless the entire electrical system failed) is a very improbable event.

I recently experienced a problem with the audio panel not seating properly in the rack connector. All com were out and only pushing on the unit would return it. Two radios is redundancy but can’t the audio panel be a single point of failure?

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

What would be the rationale for “shooting down” someone with a 7600 squawk, but not someone who was just silent?

Even the UK authorities can’t be that dumb.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

No, I didn’t believe it either, but equally if I was doing an ATC presentation which is supposed to be serious I would not come out with something stupid like that! It just makes one look like one has no clue what one is talking about.

Presumably the military has procedures for this, which would allow for a gradual escalation, and one of the factors would be where you are heading. A 100kt target over Kent, non-radio, heading north, is irrelevant (one of many). A 250kt target, non-radio, would be highly suspicious regardless of the squawk and if it was maneuvering and heading towards London, I would expect it to be shot down (if they can get to it quick enough…) otherwise air defence is completely worthless. In between the two, you will get different procedures…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The final web report for this trip is now here

Any comments or corrections much appreciated

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message