Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Birmingham - which handling agent...?

Thanks for the replies. I have spoken to Signature…who were very helpful and also do a deal if visiting the NEC. For a TB20 its approx £83 plus Vat. Made up from £20.66 landing fee £7.02 navigation fee £8.70 parking fee. Handling is usually £88 but reduced by 50 percent to £44 if visiting the NEC there is also a £2.64 airport levy.

I spoke to Russell the station manager, he was incredibly friendly and said ATC will try to fit you in, they don’t operate slots. He did offer to drop me by car to the train station as well.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

2016 Update: I made it to Birmingham this year for the ‘Spring Fair’ at the NEC saving hours in the car!

Despite Birmingham being a busy regional airport there were surprisingly friendly / accommodating. I arrived on an IFR flight plan and departed on a VFR the next day.

Mandatory handling applies – call Signature 0121 782 1999. You park on the south western apron. Exit the runway at Lima ideally for a short taxi. Signature actually do provide great handling they have a minibus which greets you, took me to my hotel (close to airport) to drop bags off and then to the NEC exhibition center. On the return i called them from the NEC and they collected me within 10 mins. Very friendly, have a lounge / planing area with free tea coffee soft drinks and snacks!

If you are visiting an exhibition at the NEC or i guess going to a concert then the handling is 1/2 price at £46 which was good value for all the running about. The total cost for a PA32 for two days inc VAT was £121.00. There is NO AVGAS at Birmingham Jet A1 Only

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message