Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK PMD plus Sub ICAO NPPL(SSEA) plus Part 21 aircraft to France. Is it possible to get permission from the DGAC?

I have been looking at this thread https://www.euroga.org/forums/non-certified/13044-france-accepts-uk-sub-icao-licences-and-medical-declarations?page=1

and wondered if anyone on the forum has had any practical experience of asking the DGAC if they would accept a sub-icao licence holder with a PMD to land at Le Touquet in a part 21 aircraft not covered by the blanket permission afforded to certain permit aircraft.

If anyone has applied and is prepared to share their experience I would be grateful.

My specific questions were

was it granted?
was it open-ended or for a specific flight or time period?
was there a charge?
what was the process?

Thanks

United Kingdom

IME, the DGAC switchboard puts down the phone if they hear English, so this would need just the right approach, and definitely by a French speaker.

It would be interesting to find out how the current PMD + annex 1 concession was negotiated. I doubt it was LAA+DGAC because the LAA is too inept for that. It was prob99 CAA+DGAC, but good luck finding out who did it at the UK end. Nowadays, very few smart CAA people are anywhere near its public interface.

@Norman might have a DGAC contact because IIRC he got DGAC approval for IFR in his LAA-IFR-approved RV. So actually the LAA might have a contact.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message