Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cleaning up SDVFR KML tracks

I’ve written a little Python script to clean up SDVFR’s KML output – maybe handy for other pilots in France.

SDVFR does a great job of recording your flight track, and will happily email you a KML file containing the track. If you then overlay that on the IGN’s geoportail map, it is pretty much illegible, because it creates “pins” every 5 seconds (sometimes more) annotated with the speed and altitude, which covers up both the track and the surrounding map.

So I wrote a Python script to clean this up, leaving just the actual track, and pins every 5 minutes.

If you’re interested, you can download it from: https://github.com/harper493/sdvfr-remove-points.

LFMD, France

Please share this with SDVFR directly so they inform users and we get better uploads in FlySto :)

always learning
LO__, Austria

Do you have a contact for SDVFR? Someone told me that it is no longer under active development.

The best thing would be if geoportail gave you the option to suppress these points, but it doesn’t seem to.

Anyway it’s incredibly simple to remove them – it would add a handful of lines to FlySto. You’re extremely welcome to re-use my script or bits of it. You just need to remove the XML Folder identified by the name Points. Look for the string “<Folder>.*<name>Points</name>” and remove everything from there up to the next </Folder>.

Last Edited by johnh at 14 Feb 14:26
LFMD, France
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message