Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Try out the new version of EuroGA

Either I missed something, or the “strike-through” feature is unworkable.

Whoops. Fixed now

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

How about changing the preview to show the first lines of the “new” text, omitting anything that’s clearly a quotation of a previous post?

This has been released too.

Administrator

When viewed on chrome on android, the web page has no logo.

EGTK Oxford

Fixed now

And that is what it is – thanks once more. I am afraid I lost count of how many beers I owe you, by now… perhaps Peter would take care?

Last Edited by at 18 Sep 14:50
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

When viewed on chrome on android, the web page has no logo.

Yep – removed the original one because it really wasn’t suitable at that size and haven’t quite got around to drawing a new one!

How’s the rest of the layout on mobile now? It should be very much more compacted, without being unreadably dense.

Administrator

It is actually pretty good. Only thing I don’t like is that when you do recent threads, the name and date are that of the OP. It looks like these are old threads when they are actually the new ones. Better if it shows the username and timestamp of the most recent post in the thread.

ie it is essentially the Started not Latest column which shows on the desktop version.

Last Edited by JasonC at 18 Sep 15:15
EGTK Oxford

I REALLY dislike this. Before (with cookies maybe, or something server side), EuroGa knew which was the last message postI looked at, maybe by time I last accessed the thread, and now I have to work out how to bookmark something to know where I left off, or now press a button to do something that used to happen automatically? I am a relatively high reader of this site, but not a high contributor, but this is a major put-off.

PiperArcher, how do you like the latest version? What we’ve done is put a “Read new” link right next to the title so you can click that almost as easily as the thread title. Is that a reasonable compromise for you? (Note, it only appears if you’re signed in) It’s clear, easy to click and easy to understand, hopefully!

Administrator

I won’t speak for someone else but for me this is very nice, exactly what I was wanting! Thank you!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

It’s really coming together nicely David, great job!

The new ‘read new’ link next the thread name is a good thing :)

Sign in to add your message