Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

When glass cockpits start acting up.

The Entegra is much easier if you know the 430s. However I do think it has more issues with interaction between different components. It is also less powerful but a very good system nonetheless.

Last Edited by JasonC at 09 Jan 23:18
EGTK Oxford

I have had an instance where the map part on both the PFD and MFD in the Cirrus SR22T turned black in flight and while about to intercept the ILS for EHRD.

EDLE, Netherlands

Almost 9 years behind a G1000 and no failures of any of its units themselves.
Did have some issues with external sensors though:
1. Traffic unit (TAS 600) is starting to show 180 degrees errors. Jesse, I may come and see you this summer..
2. A few years ago had a clearly erroneous and sometimes disappearing CDI indication. That was quite interesting because the cause was that one of the sensors that feeds it (the magnetometer) gave a wrong signal after starting up the aircraft while the wingtip (near where the magnetometer lives) was near a massive hangar door. Took a while to figure that one out.. Just to make sure we reproduced this effect on another DA42. Luckily there is a procedure to reset the magnetometer which the pilot can do himself. I now take care not to power up when there is a large chunk of metal within 25 m of my starboard wingtip!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message