Show us your (certified only) panel

I made (and certified) this instrument panel for a client’s 182 amphibian:

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Pilot_DAR wrote:

I made (and certified) this instrument panel for a client’s 182 amphibian:

Very cool!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

@A_and_C Beautiful upgrade! Which Robin model is that? Do you have an autopilot?

Last Edited by etn at 05 May 09:08
etn
EDQN, Germany

When I bought my airplane, the panel was already quite nicely stacked for at the time (2009) but I did want to make it a bit more sophisticated.

a irresponsible amount of money later and it looked (and looks) like this:

(actually the yoke mounted GPS has been changed since).

Basically the setup today relies on a GNS430W coupled with an Aspen Pro and a S-TEC 55X AP with Flight Director. ADSB-OUT is taken care of by a Trigg Transponder.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 05 May 17:07
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Basically the setup today relies on a GNS430W coupled with an Aspen Pro and a S-TEC 55X AP with Flight Director. ADSB-OUT is taken care of by a Trigg Transponder.

Solid setup!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

I will leave this thread promoted on the home page for a while because it is interesting to see what people fly behind.

And also why. For example I have not upgraded my late-1990s stuff to any great degree because that generation of avionics (the last generation before everything went to “glass”) does almost everything needed for European IFR. We have had so many scare stories e.g. PRNAV, RNAV Transitions, etc, were going to force huge avionics refits, but it then basically died and except for LPV you can fly everywhere with a KLN94 (if you have an MFD to see a map of sorts)

Robin STC posts moved to the Robin STC thread

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My C172N panel.

Since buying 11 years ago I have only substituted one radio to put in a 8.33mhz version and the transponder for “S” mode.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

My sadly-missed TR182. The picture was taken in 2011 (as you can tell from the paper approach plate!) but the only changes between then and its sad demise were the Garmin upgrade to a 530W, and the transponder replaced by a GTX345 – neither having much visual impact. It still had the mechanical HSI, though I was planning to upgrade to a dual GI275.

LFMD, France

Here’s mine. When I had the panel done in 2022, I wanted to keep a “steam gauges” look in this 1971 youngtimer. Therefore no glass cockpit as in A_and_C’s magnificent DR400.

(And yes, the suction pump is defective, it will be exchanged at the next annual soon!)

etn
EDQN, Germany

etn wrote:

the suction pump is defective

Don’t operate a u/s vac pump for too long. Unless the drive is broken (frequently the case), if the broken pump is turning, it can force debris updraft from the pump and into instruments. Depending on your approvals, you could disconnect properly affix and and cap the hoses to avoid this problem.

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one