Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AME wanted German/Dutch border or Belgium

Are they objecting to the drug, or to the condition being treated?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

To the condition as far as I can tell – diabetes II in a marginal form.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I use Frank Voeten, who is a Dutch doctor that is a UK AME. He might be able to help, he posts a lot on the Flyer forum, and is a good guy a who is a pilot himself and wants to keep you flying. He does medicals in various UK locations, but I think he regularly visits family in the Netherlands.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

He is here under the same nickname as in other places: Flyin’Dutch’

However he doesn’t visit here much. I would send him a PM.

He does both UK CAA and FAA medicals.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you look someone in Belgium, sent me a message.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Vieke wrote:

If you look someone in Belgium, sent me a message

If it was you then no pm received :(

Having had a long conversation with Flyin’Dutch it seems I am stuck. If I go for a foreign AME the final decision is still with the Dutch. The alternative is to change the state of registry of my licence – not a problem as I have a UK address – but to do that I must have a valid medical. One thing is for certain, as soon as I have my medical I will re-register in the UK.

Peter, there is a Belgian/dutch speaking doc in Stolberg, close to Aachen.

http://www.praxis-van-stappen.de/über-die-praxis/unser-team/

Experienced pilot and skydiver himself.

EDKA, EBSP

Thanks Lutz – unfortunately it seems a foreign medical will still be paased to the Dutch for final authorisation so back to square 1

A result

Although the Dutch are still being difficult I had another chat with my AME today and her partner who is an FI/Examiner and it seems that I can fly on my PPL but using LAPL privileges until my licence and medical need renewing which will not be until November. I had always understood that to fly on a LAPL medical you must have a valid LAPL licence but it appears every PPL has an automatic LAPL and as a Class II medical also automatically has a LAPL medical the situation is temporarily resolved. Huge thanks to everyone who offered advice and information.

Peter: the Dutch pilot that sold his Cirrus and exchanged it for a Blackshape Prime had a PPL/IR and to fly the Blackshape had to do training to obtain his LAPL. Might want to double check.

EDLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message