Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Belgium, England, France - DAY 4 (Isle of Wight & France)

That seems to check with my iPads battery drain rate. I lost approx 35% battery level on a one hour flight with Skydemon and the Bad Elf GPS running.

Thanks for the comments on the videos. Unfortunately I sold the 310 before moving over as there is now way I could afford to run it here.

It’s certainly different. I love flying in Europe, more so over the channel than in the UK. I’ve just started to branch out this year and our trip to Southern France in a few weeks will be the first European long cross country. If I could use my IR I suspect I’d be a little more confident. However flying VFR has become very fun and challenging as it requires considerable planning here. In the US you could literally just get in and go. I miss that in some respects, but I’m now living in a location where there are some many destinations to explore. The US has a lot to offer, but out west it.s mostly natural scenery, geology, and outdoor pursuits. Flying in the EU to me is about culture, history, and people. I’m like a kid in a candy store when I lay the VFR charts on the floor to plan the next adventure!

All the best. Jason

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

Jason,

just to come back to your question: I really couldn’t tell you how long. Maybe about 2.5 hours of full time use? IMHO, for serious flights, you must have a way of recharging your ipad in flight, irrespective of whether you use Skydemon, Jeppesen or anything else. This is something a challenge if flying rentals, since on some of the them, the cigarette lighter is usually not working. An additional, external battery pack for the ipad can be useful.

BTW, how is England compared to Montana? Always liked your 310 videos…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 07 Jun 05:37
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

That was about my starter LOL You can always take your kids with you ) In july we’re going to Gunzburg and Europa Park with ours )

Last Edited by pshz at 06 Jun 19:10
EVCA

I like that

I wish my parents could take the kids for more than a day and I could embark on such a trip

Last Edited by achimha at 06 Jun 15:35

Not easy to make reports during the trip. The latest post I wrote for my trip is about 7th day :) And now it’s almost 3 weeks. But photos are very similar. I presume, made form the right seat? ))
My reports here: http://ylmbl.ru/
But, unfourtunetely, in Russian…

Last Edited by pshz at 06 Jun 15:14
EVCA

Great report. Sounds like fun.

Just out of curiosity boscomantico, how long did the battery last on your iPad running Skydemon in flight?

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

Interesting. It takes very good pictures for a compact. I might try my Canon G11 and see if it does as well as your Nikon.

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Nikon Coolpix 7100. Looking for a new one though.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

A lovely report and some great pictures Boscomantico. What kind of camera are you using?

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Very nice Boscomantico, thanks for sharing. We are a bunch of privileged people being able to do these kind of things.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message