Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Geeking out on post flight data with FlySto.net

FlySto supports EuroGA

Thanks, looking into it. Probably a combination of bad AHRS data and inaccurate coordinates for this airport.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I have a suggestion for adding new data which can be easily calculated from the existing data fields: ground speed. Ground distance is there, time is there, so just divide and show it within list of flights.

Last Edited by Emir at 09 May 13:48
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

From my side, a question – is there an option to add video from the take of AND landing separately or do the videos need to be joined? I have uploaded videos of the landing but cannot see whether I can add a separate video of the take off – or must I cut & splice 2 videos into one?

EDL*, Germany

I see only one video to upload. Which is a shame actually as I would like to work on my landing training without having to upload 40GB of video of the cross-country part of my flight.

ETSE, Germany

I read in this thread that people are uploading their G5 data. How does one obtain this data? Just inserting a SD card into the G5 or do I need to configure something on the G5 unit as well?

As this is our club plane (and the main training plane as well), I don’t feel too comfortable with just experimenting :)

ETSE, Germany

Here are the instructions for G5
https://www.flysto.net/avionics/G5

EDMB, Germany

I see only one video to upload. Which is a shame actually as I would like to work on my landing training without having to upload 40GB of video of the cross-country part of my flight.

Just upload a 3 minute clip of your landing.

Multiple video clip support is coming…

always learning
LO__, Austria

From my side, a question – is there an option to add video from the take of AND landing separately or do the videos need to be joined? I have uploaded videos of the landing but cannot see whether I can add a separate video of the take off – or must I cut & splice 2 videos into one?

Doesn’t work. Only one clip currently (needs to be unedited for time sync to work).

https://www.flysto.net/logs/y56n5sjf/approaches/0?view=video

always learning
LO__, Austria

FlySto still doesn’t accept JPI EDM 830 data format, right?
I have tried to install old JPI software to convert it to CSV, but the software has to be installed on a primitive Windows machine, one that I don’t have.

EDMB, Germany

FlySto still doesn’t accept JPI EDM 830 data format

FlySto accepts anything but JPI is a proprietary binary file format. And they do not react to inquiries. I even spoke to them personally in the US and they promised to reply. Never heard a word. Used some contacts to reach out to CEO. Still nothing.

Sent the below a couple times to “JPIMartha@…”

Also about 60 emails back and forth to JPI support, but they are clueless.

Dear Martha,
it was a pleasure to connect with you personally during EAA/OSH at the JPI booth.
I’d like to follow up as discussed during our meet.
Users upload their avionics data to their FlySto accounts and get valuable insights to their flights. You can see how it looks like on our website www.flysto.net
Many users have e.g. Garmin primary flight instrument avionics, and JPI engine monitors. Our software allows them to upload files from different avionics and engine monitors in batch uploads and FlySto then automatically syncs and sorts the files to show data combined correctly for individual flights.
As we do not have the .JPI file format specification, owners (your customers) of JPI devices are required to first manually convert .JPI files to .CSV files using a, let’s mildly put it, bit dated software called EZTrends. This is a cumbersome, inefficient and unnecessary burden for owners of JPI devices.
Many people have reached out to us and asked us if we can support .JPI file uploads. We can, off course, and would love to do that, however, and now for over two years, we have tried to reach someone at JPI to be able to get the JPI file specs so we can offer owners of JPI devices the possibility to simply upload the raw files to FlySto directly, without any prior conversion from .JPI to .CSV required beforehand.
We can do this for all other brands out there, only JPI requires users to manually convert the files.
It would be great if we could support native uploads of JPI files, and I am sure the users would be thrilled that they can now easily use their existing JPI engine monitor’s data for further analysis easily.
This is getting more and more important to pilots and owners of aircraft and it would only add to JPI’s competitive advantage to allow users to easily obtain information from their .JPI logs.

Plenty of users have told me they ditched JPI products and purchased Garmin GI275 EIS, EI CGR and InsightAvionics Gx and some other brands to escape the JPI EZ Trends Prison.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 18 May 05:27
always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message