Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Farnborough Airshow - French, Dutch, German Posters

Farnborough ATC has asked me to distribute the posters below in French, Dutch and German in the hope that pilots from France, Benelux, Germany, Austria and Switzerland will distribute them via mailing lists and by putting them up on club and airfield noticeboards.

http://ftp.artifax.net/misc/NATS_Farnborough_FRENCH_AW.pdf
http://ftp.artifax.net/misc/NATS_Farnborough_DUTCH_AW.pdf
http://ftp.artifax.net/misc/NATS_Farnborough_GERMAN_AW.pdf

Please help your colleagues stay out of trouble!

Last Edited by Timothy at 12 Jun 11:53
EGKB Biggin Hill

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if there are any restrictions to visit one of the trade days? Preferably on Thursday. We are a group planning to arrive at EGKA on Wednesday and leave for Sweden on Friday and perhaps a visit to Farnborough would be a good fit.

Farnborough ATC has asked me to distribute the posters below

Are you the guy who campaigned hard against their proposed airspace and is now willing to work with them?

perhaps a visit to Farnborough would be a good fit.

Someone told me the landing fees are so extortionate that you should try Blackbushe instead.

Last Edited by at 12 Jun 12:13

Are you the guy who campaigned hard against their proposed airspace and is now willing to work with them?

Yes, why not?

EGKB Biggin Hill

The English pages are here and here.

I think the chances of a light GA landing at Farnborough is going to be extremely slim even if you want to pay the 300 quid or so. That’s because there are loads of people (especially helicopter owners) who would happily pay that to escape the traffic jams and the traffic arrangements near the place. Years ago it used to be undescribably horrid, with a five hour (not kidding) traffic jam on the way out, leaving Farnborough after 11pm as a result. On top of that you got the worst food ever, and toilets covered in you know what… let’s just say that entering them in sandals was not advisable. The Arab sheiks got the special treatment but the public got treated like dirt. Nowadays it is a lot better managed, and with much smaller crowds, but they make you park miles away and you get ferried on a bus.

If you want to fly in, I’d say Shoreham (my base) is a good bet because it won’t be too crowded, and then driving up or (not checked this out – it may not work) taking a train. I would be happy to meet a few people at Shoreham and drive up. I can take 3 but they would need to be capable of getting into a little hatchback!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you want to fly in, I’d say Shoreham (my base) is a good bet because it won’t be too crowded, and then driving up or (not checked this out – it may not work) taking a train. I would be happy to meet a few people at Shoreham and drive up. I can take 3 but they would need to be capable of getting into a little hatchback!

Thanks Peter! I don’t know yet if the whole group (7 people) is interested, I’ll check. If they are, the train might be a better choice

6 Posts
Sign in to add your message