Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

I never get tired of this one… My son passed his first PPL exam so I took him out

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here are a few from a trip I did a couple of months ago

Flying up the Owens Valley, along the Sierra Nevada:

Mono Lake

Somewhere over the Shasta-Trinity National Forest with Mt. Shasta in the background

Swiss Super Cub in vintage colour scheme visiting Denham.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Today I brought by new plane home.

From the “chase plane”:

The “chase plane”

At her new base:

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Nice @mh!

Lovely Buccaneer – is it an LA-200 or a LA-180? I was well into them years ago, even flew one for about 5hrs to do my seaplane rating. I got sidetracked with twins, but they’ve always been a favorite of mine.

It’s a 1973 LA-4-200. It’ll take some winters until she is really nice and we have to address some major squawks right away and it isn’t easy to use her in Germany, but I am confident she will stay for a long time.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Nice plane

So you finally rather went for a certified, than for an Experimental. I guess I’d did the same in that case.

I wonder how much use you can have with a seaplane (in the “seaplane-mode”) in Germany and adjacent countries.

EDLE

mh wrote:

It’s a 1973 LA-4-200. It’ll take some winters until she is really nice and we have to address some major squawks right away and it isn’t easy to use her in Germany, but I am confident she will stay for a long time.

Would be worth a separate thread describing what you plan to do and what the progress is!!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

europaxs wrote:

I wonder how much use you can have with a seaplane (in the “seaplane-mode”) in Germany and adjacent countries.

He should go to Sweden, more or less free for all there. Unless there is a restricted area or some bird area…

ESSZ, Sweden

Alps flying

Paris LFPN ILS 25R outbound

Last Edited by Noe at 20 Jul 13:00
Sign in to add your message