Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

Dan wrote:

wonder if those are compatible for my Lycosaurus

The “[soft]” variant needs replace every 35 hours, it’s indicated on the plastic. What about the “[hard]” variant? Did you use them up already?

Have a nice stay at Elba!

Last Edited by UdoR at 06 Jun 07:01
Germany

shot taken now in my room, Elba… wonder if those are compatible for my Lycosaurus?

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I wonder if the writer had a clue what they had written.

France

In a restaurant at Le Touquet today. The food was actually very good!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

After my car’s annual service my documents included an air freshener. I read the writing on the back. I’m surprised it’s legal to carry this.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I am doubting whether to post this here or in the ‘cars’ thread. Let’s do it here..

How about this mobile airbag?

Any luggage to check in today sir? yes, my car.

Last Edited by aart at 31 May 13:14
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

removing Scunthorpe

There’s also the story a high school somewhere in the US where students couldn’t access the schools own web page fropm the school computers – because it contained the word “high” in the name of the school – which is obviously drug related.

AI is actually doing some pretty cool stuff, in areas like medicine and chemistry. As you say, it’s just a very good form of pattern recognition. “Generative” AI is a whole different story. At some point the bubble will burst on that, but 99+% of the population is incapable of recognising it for the BS it is. Think black tulips.

LFMD, France

Reminds me of AOL, at least 20 years ago, blocking certain 4-letter words and removing Scunthorpe

Look at the numbers in that “AI” Graphcore fundraising case. There are so many dumb people out there willing to sink hundreds of millions into some BS proposal. AFAICT there is no “AI” as such. It’s been a nut people have been trying to crack since the 1960s. What we are getting is ever better software for statistical analysis of groups of words, and so on.

Administrator

AI is used to subtitle television vocals.
It is programmed to do what people on social media do these days to avoid any bad language eg s**t.
So up came the football results Manchester United 0 A***nal 2 :)

France

There are, ahem, countries, or “cultures”, where that is actually quite likely

Two hillbillies. One says to the other: We are gonna have a party. There’s gonna be a whole load of boozing, and a whole load of shagging! The other: Sounds great… do I need to bring a bottle? 1st one: No; it will be just the two of us!

Administrator
708 Posts
Sign in to add your message