Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

This chap has just been hit hard, flying into Norway. Be careful out there when flying internationally these days. Will be interesting to get the full story.

ENTO is on the list of airports approved for international flights, plus he says he did have a vaccination certificate, plus a negative test.

Anyway, he will not like the parking fee invoice later on…
Fees are said to be 150€ a day there…. (ENTO is not Avinor)

Last Edited by boscomantico at 05 Aug 16:34
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

a quick google finds the answer.

Was this guy‘s first international flight as PIC…

Someone I know flew France to Norway via Norway yesterday, not sure if this allowed him to skip the “red quarantine”?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

What is the difference between orange, red and purple status?

These testing requirements, with the complex rules and the planning it necessitates, not to mention the funneling of huge amounts of private and government cash to complete shysters, are almost Orwellian.

I don’t think I’ll be travelling abroad for quite some time sadly because I’m not getting involved with this stuff – it’s just too much hassle. It’s hard to describe how much I hate the idea of being told by government that if I want to leave the country and subsequently return to it, I must purchase a product that I don’t want or need from a list of approved vendors.

What’s the end game here? Will they ever roll it back? Covid is endemic and will be around for the foreseeable future, so is international travel going to involve all this stuff for the foreseeable? If we in the UK thought Brexit might make travel more complex, it’s got nothing on Covid.

Last Edited by Graham at 06 Aug 08:53
EGLM & EGTN

Yes. It depends on where you come from. The UK, with its high infection numbers is a bad place to start from, because most countries consider the UK as a red/dark red county. So indeed, if you are in the UK, international flying is really difficult these days.

Conversely, if you are from say Germany, a lot is possible (in fact, at least half the German GA flight in currently underway somewhere in Europe these days). Also true for any other country which is considered as “green” by the destination country. I have recently been to Italy, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden. No problem.

boscomantico wrote:

Yes. It depends on where you come from. The UK, with its high infection numbers is a bad place to start from, because most countries consider the UK as a red/dark red county. So indeed, if you are in the UK, international flying is really difficult these days.

Sorry that’s not what I’m getting at.

I have no problem with any foreign country imposing whatever requirements it likes on me entering. That is their right. I will balance the cost and hassle against my desire to go there, and that is my choice. My problem is with my own government demanding that I pay money to some shyster in order to be allowed to re-enter my own country!

As an aside, the UK’s high infection numbers are almost certainly a product of it doing around a million tests per day, which on a per-head-of-population basis is around 3-4 times more than most other European countries. This also means it is throwing 3-4 times more taxpayers cash at shysters every day.

I don’t believe general infection levels are substantially lower across the continent, they just aren’t testing as much so they don’t find as much. Covid detection is very much “seek and ye shall find”, in my view.

Last Edited by Graham at 06 Aug 09:15
EGLM & EGTN

So indeed, if you are in the UK, international flying is really difficult these days.

Not currently; one can fly to most countries in Europe if 2x vacced, including all of the following, except Italy

The issue for us has been the return quarantine stuff, and that is gradually being removed (for 2x vacced people).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well, but potentially, an arrival qurantine can be as much of a problem as a return quarantine.

It is my firm impression that pilots (also from Germany) are way too focussed on the return requirements/restrictions (as these are usually much easier to research) and are often neglecting the requirements/restrictions of the country they are travelling TO.

Wonder how many private pilots in Europe are currently at this moment in arrival qurarantine somewhere (like the guy in the video), due to not having researched the matter.

Hi,

Thinking of a flight from the UK EGCV to the Pyrenees (Luchon) in the next few weeks (weather) for a 6 day holiday. Just confused at what covid testing or procedure I (and my wife) should undertake before we go and return. We are both double jabbed.

I have viewed the NOTAM’s for the flight and I can’t see how any testing or procedure is administered for a private flight.

Would this be self testing or would big brother be checking.

John

EGCV Sleap, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message