Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 10th birthday!

Happy Birthday indeed. A knowledgeable and friendly resource compared to the experiences I’ve had on the Facebook Aviation Communities.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Would anyone like to suggest which things should be done differently for the next 10 years?

Someone suggested a 10th birthday fly in – here but it looks like the Spanish one will be the one.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter, fabulous achievement. Thank you, thank you. and to all the others who help.

I look at the site every day, often several times. Keeps me up to date on whats happening right across Europe.

And when planning long flights across the continent, absolutely invaluable.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Congratulations Peter, and thank you for your dedication to the site.
l am sure it takes up a lot of your conscious and unconscious mind space.
A remarkable milestone, and long may it continue. :)
Cheers. E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Buckerfan wrote:

Peter, fabulous achievement. Thank you, thank you. and to all the others who help.

I look at the site every day, often several times. Keeps me up to date on whats happening right across Europe.

And when planning long flights across the continent, absolutely invaluable.

Peter: Fully endorse Buckerfan’s statement.
EuroGA – and particularly your involvement with it – have been/are an invaluable source of information and help.
I express admiration/gratitude for all your hard work on this; advice; and help in the past: Long may it continue . . . !

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Thanks for the efforts and the amazing platform

EDHE, EDHI, Germany

Thanks Peter, EuroGA has been a source of flying inspiration for many years and hopefully for many years to come!

EHTE, Netherlands

CONGRATULATIONS PETER !!!

Great achievement !!

Thank you, thank you for all your time, dedication and effort to get a much more connected GA in Europe

Carlos
LECU LEFM, Spain

I am late to this party, but I must say EuroGA with its Euro-wide GA networking, open discussions, socializing and overall facilitating the sharing of our passion in an open manner has elevated my enjoyment of GA to another level.

Yes there have been the occasional rants, some people taking it too personally and mods taking none of it, but that is the way it has to be.

Overall a high S/N ratio and a wealth of knowledge

Felicidades EuroGA! Or, as we say on our island: molts d’anys!

Gracias Peter for such dedication and for fighting to maintain zero affiliations. We will never thank you enough.

OTOH, as a wishlist, I would like:

• A more powerful search function (perhaps the power is there but we don’t always know how to use it?) and a kind of subject index. The airport directory is a good start, but, for example, having links to interesting posts about the specific airport in the database would be very useful. Perhaps there is a wiki-like way for everyone to contribute to such index?
  • A magical solution to improve the participation in fly-ins or other kinds of get-togethers, even if virtual, like the zoom video-lounge.
  • Some way of linking EuroGA to youth – GA-involvement activities (own or third-party).
  • Contribution to tracking of activity in general (like the GAMA/AOPA survey) and environmental impact in particular. We have a severe lack of data in the GA community as a whole, which makes us fall prey to misinformation.
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Well done Peter and team,
That’s quite an achievement. I have found the site very useful for gather information and improving my knowledge as well as meeting or contacting new people around Europe and the world.

EGLK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message