Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What info do you supply for PPR French Immigation

Most French airports require some form of PPR or PN (Prior Notification)

Usually an email address is provided in the AIP.

But what information do you supply with that? In the past I’ve given my flight details, call sign and name but not passport number or expiry date etc. I’m never sure exactly what’s needed and haven’t seen any formal reference o format, like a UK GAR form.

Calais has a webpage to do so which does include pilots name and identity document number with expiry date, plus names of passengers (but not their passport details)

Does anybody know if there is standard form or list of details required?

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

In the past, I have just sent a copy of the GAR form as it has all the information they may need.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

I’m coming to the conclusion that sending the UK GAR form would contain all the information they want (although perhaps not in precisely the format they’d prefer).
Apparently onlinegar.com can email a copy to you (in addition to submitting to UK GAR), but this didn’t work for me when I filed only the inbound GAR.

Arriving at Troyes on Saturday, I was informed that such information must be sent to their regional office by email at least 24 hours in advance, and for any weekend activity before 16:00 on Friday. Fortunately I had the email on my phone which I had sent (but which seems to have got lost in their system). You are supposed to supply data on a form which is said to be on the Troyes Airport website, but if it is then I can’t find it.

I asked for a copy and have scanned and attached it below.

I have not seen such so much information requested by French Douanes before.
Often simply the pilots name, aircraft reg, flight details have been enough.

At least the same email address applies for both primary and alternate destinations, so I only needed to send to one.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

From above:

This might be relevant

Email is a complete mess sometimes…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The “officious” procedures vary wildly from one airport to another, but as long as you follow the procedure published by AIP/NOTAM, I would politely acknowledge their request to use such and such form and make a note for a future occasion.

In Caen the procedure is to notify OPS with 2 hrs (?) PNR on weekdays, and last working day 16 Z (?) before weekend or holiday. OPS will just ask for the reg, origin, destination and pilot’s name and communicate that to customs/immigration. No passport details, nationality or anything else.

Some airports publish a form on their website and indicate that filling the form beforehand will accelerate the immigration/customs procedure.

Myself, I have in the past sent DOF, reg, origin, destination, names and nationalities of passengers, but not passport numbers in a free-text e-mail (if that was what AIP/NOTAM said I should). Never got any response.

If they want you to fill out a specific form, they should publish that in the relevant publications.

LFPT, LFPN

Went to Colmar today and sent the form to the ‘cli-metz’ email address above. Nobody showed up. Whether that is because they did not receive it or whether they just didn’t bother, we will never know. Stupidly I forgot to ask at the ARO what their experience is..

On a different note. A Rocketroute SMS message sounded early this morning. Not the nicest message one can think of but it surely wakes you up. CTOT (Confirmed Take Off Time) to LFGA 15:30. Obviously caused by yet another French ATC action. I had submitted a plan for 09:00. Weather was forecast to be reasonable, so I cancelled the IFR plan and went VFR at 09:00. Did not have any time to check NOTAM’s/mil activity etc over France so just hoped I’d get some guidance from French ATC. Well, they were very helpful in either moving me slightly around mil zones or got me in touch with mil controllers who guided me through.

I am left with mixed feelings on French ATC. They are very good, but these strikes get on your nerves..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart wrote:

They are very good, but these strikes get on your nerves..

keep you on your toes…

LFPT, LFPN

just been to LFMQ last week they needed 24hrs before name dob passport number nobody turned up same on departure 3 days later

yesterday been to LFMD just requested a email with names no checks on arrival and departure for pilots (police on site) on dep as we picked up one extra person – quick check for him all very easy

fly2000

aart wrote:

CTOT (Confirmed Take Off Time)

CTOT means Calculated Takeoff Time

Sometimes, it pays to just wait a bit. Often, CTOT starts very high, but then gradually gets lower until it is within reasonable range. Another option is to file Y/Z, i.e. IFR and VFR only around the choke point. Autorouter at least gives you the information in the CTOT emails where that choke point is.

LSZK, Switzerland

Thanks for the correction Tom on CTOT..
Yes, CTOT’s seem to be a moving target, but in this case I did not have the luxury to be able to wait it out.
Did not know about Autorouter and choke point info. Very useful, thanks!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message