Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague Fly-in May 1-3 2015

If VMC not out of the question – what is a good comfort stop air field near Dusseldorf which can also clear you into Schengen?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Dortmund, Essen, Marl, Niederrhein, Mönchengladbach…at any of the airfields in this list (see section “Flughäfen und Verkehrslandeplätze”) you can do the Schengen entry. Just make sure the AFISO speaks English (Marl for example officially doesn’t).

Last Edited by boscomantico at 14 Dec 17:29
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Just a couple of weeks ago, I crossed the Schengen border (outbound) at the Leverkusen airfield, which is not on this list. In a manner similar to the UK, I had to notify the police one day in advance, e-mailing them a copy of my passport, but in the end they didn’t even come but simply faxed a permission to depart to the airfield office. Allegedly, inbound crossing is also possible in a similar fashion.
At the nearby Aachen-Merzbrück (which is on the list), the FISO told me he is authorised to do passport checks himself.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Hey Michael its time for a mug shot. You know the serious one.

KHTO, LHTL
Where is the edit button?

For Jan, translation is as follows: Rode a taxi into town from the airport. Due to rush hour (when everyone gets out of work and clogs the road system all at once) traffic, I was delayed arriving at my destination.

Hope that helps.

KHTO, LHTL

Thank you. The edit button does exist, but only for a short while after posting (two hours, I should think).

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Yes; 2 hours. I can edit stuff for you after that so if you wrote something world-class embarrassing (only kidding) just drop me an email

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have updated the thread title

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve never visited any other airfield that LKLT in Prague, but for me it’s ok. Past summer runway was almost smooth. The only problem is a small room for base and final turns and some noise limitations there. We’ll be there on may 1-3 with YL-MBL :)

EVCA

A good point for May 1 – 3 is that Mon 4 is UK May Day Bank Holiday – handy. Somebody may have mention that already, but I’ve not read all the thread as yet !!

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message