Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paris, 23-24 July 2016

Please also join up the dedicated Telegram group here so everyone can be coordinated.

We now need to come to some agreement on where to stay. Obviously it’s better to stay in the same general area. Any suggestions, given that most are likely to fly to Melun?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We’re working on accommodation options and negotiated rates for our group.
Please indicate which one you would prefer:
OPTION A: close to Paris-Melun Villaroche (LFPM) airport (1h from Paris by train)
OPTION B: in Paris (“intra-muros” ie. within boulevard périphérique’s circle)

LFLY, France

I would prefer the city of light itself. Also nice if people fly to other fields

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

@Vieke wants Paris intra muros (inside the walls). Good choice !

Last Edited by Nestor at 23 Jun 19:37
LFLY, France

Ok, I can change my Shift on my work, so I will be there.I will fly friday late evening or Saturday morning (depending on what time i Will finish at my work friday evening.)

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Peter wrote:

Nestor thinks it may be possible to arrange customs/immigration at Toussus-le-Noble, LFPN, for the event. That GA-friendly airport is also highly scenic to fly into.

Dear all,
I lost my bet: after escalating to the highest level in border police, our peculiar request for a temporary “Schengen border crossing point” to be established at Paris-Melun LFPM was rejected. Reason is too much workload with security threats and other duties, as well as need to obtain special approval from EU’s FRONTEX agency.
Therefore we propose to revert to Toussus-le-Noble LFPN, which is closer to Paris, in a scenic suburb (close to Versailles) and very friendly to foreign pilots.

Link to VAC chart on DGAC’s website.

The airport is managed by Paris Aeroport and provides

• ILS approach. Very scenic with ILS 25R approach almost overflying Paris south bank (famous at night)
  • 2 paved runways
  • 13 hard parking spots for light aircrafts (less than 12m wingspan)
  • Several hangars and hard parkings managed by ground handling companies at reasonable cost
  • Additional parking spots on grass
  • Bowser with AVGAS and Jet, accepting Total card, VISA or cash
  • Reasonable landing charges. For less than 2 tons: : 16.68€ per landing + VAT (20%) and parking (hard surface) is 1,61€/hour + VAT.
  • Several EASA and FAA approved maintenance organizations available on site
  • Avis and Europcar nearby car rental stations can deliver rental cars on site
  • 9 km by bus or car from Versailles-Chantiers train station, which provides direct trains every 10 mn (peak) taking you directly to Paris-Montparnasse train station in 12 minutes travel time.
  • Customs available if you come from outside the EU (Switzerland) with advance notice by fax/email to Customs administration (see relevant NOTAM)
  • No immigration police (absence of any border crossing point). You need to cross border in another approved Schengen airfield if you travel from outside Schengen member states.

I called the airport manager today, and he’s ready to reserve hard spots for EuroGA members if you each provide me with you data (PIC full name, Aircraft type, registration, ETA, ETD).

As discussed last week, we all agreed that you could book accommodation near Paris-Montparnasse train station (Paris 14th district, close to 6th district). It’s a trendy and lively area, very convenient for shopping and visiting Paris. Check hotels and Airbnb: plenty of solutions from cheap to over-the-top.

We propose to organize the EuroGA diner on Saturday evening, July 23rd, if possible at the Aeroclub de France (most ancient club in the world, a historic place)
Budget will be approx 50€ all included (payment in advance).

Other gatherings will be organized informally on the spot via Telegram instant messaging App.

Your comments are welcome.

Last Edited by Nestor at 30 Jun 20:40
LFLY, France

Excellent. We have a clear plan so let’s run with it.

Let’s all go to Toussus LFPN.

This is the general area to end up in

I got an AirB&B where the circle is, for £350 for 3 nights for 3 people (2 bedrooms).

Administrator

Montparnasse, looking at rue de Rennes

LFLY, France

Just remember to mind the ATS ops times of Toussus. Outside of those, it is closed to visitors. Alternative: St. Cyr, very close by, which I generally find nicer than Toussus. Also cheaper. The parking fees alone in Toussus work out to 50€ for two days. The “good” thing is one can’t pay fees on the spot and the invoice usually never arrives via mail. But when they arrive, people tend to get a bit upset.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Jul 10:33
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Toussus opening is confirmed for the fly-in weekend, except around Sunday between 12 noon and 3 pm local when Toussus is always closed.

Currently we are looking at 10-15 aircraft. St Cyr looks like another Carcassonne situation except that it is grass which means many will not come.

Will you be dropping in, Bosco?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message