Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Today, with AirB&B etc, it is dead easy.

Justine and I are sitting on Rhodes (Greece) right know in a “palace” which was €100/day, for 5 days. Big enough for 4 people, a big kitchen, etc. And there is a vast amount of stuff here for half that.

Or, if booking last-minute, walking into the tourist info office in Supetar (Brac) will get you private accomodation which is not online.

The whole business of finding places to stay is so different today compared to say 5-10 years ago.

The only place I have recently been to where this doesn’t seem to work as well is France, which seems to have it’s own resources.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Landed in Brac yesterday and last Sunday – all went well. Avgas at 1.85 euro / litre. Got the AOPA discount without any argument or pre-arrangement on the landing fee. We continued on to Thessaloniki from Brac, then to Annecy on the way back. The cool thing is they operate a loyalty programme too which is linked to the plane – third landing and handling is free. There seemed to be more than enough people in both tower and handling agency.

W.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

And for reference we used Swissport in Thessaloniki as our handling. Parked on hard surface parking from Sunday until Saturday. Parking, landing fees and handling totalled 38euros for the week. Very reasonable with the AOPA discount you get in Greece.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

AirB&B shows loads of apartments for Brac for 16-19 Sep, at very reasonable prices

I’ve just got one near the red arrow – a whole upper half of a house (there will be 3 of us) for £250 for the 3 nights.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Landed in brac 23rd stayed overnight. Very friendly airport, fuelled, tied down as soon as wheels touchdown. Air Traffic was not manned but no problem it’s still open, they only man it when they get commercial jets. Reasonably priced AOPA discount and even run us all to town in the airport shuttle to the hotel they arranged which turned out to be holiday resort. Cooled off in the pool after long days flying! our return shuttle was also arranged and arrived with military precision. Beautiful place

Hi,
I will join. Brac is my standard holiday destination. Lovely place with great food.
Zsolt

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

Arrived here on Friday from Sarajevo, first time. Very friendly stuff!

LQVI,LJMB

I was at LDSB yesterday – friendly as usual – fly-in 50% discount confirmed. Moreover, I got card that ensures every 3rd landing in same year to be free of charge – i.e. zero cost for landing and handling.

There’s good news that will ensure this airport survives: extending runway has been already started and by next summer it will be 2000 m which will enable charter airliners traffic – currently there’s only 7-8 flights weekly by DH8D and ATR72.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

There’s good news that will ensure this airport survives: extending runway has been already started and by next summer it will be 2000 m which will enable charter airliners traffic – currently there’s only 7-8 flights weekly by DH8D and ATR72.

Not sure that is good news for a little island. I was at Split last week and quite surprised by the flow of airliners in and out of the airport. It was non-stop almost 24 hrs/day and quite noisy under the approach and departure, i.e. pretty much everywhere around Kastela/Trogir, and also some of the closest islands.

LFPT, LFPN

@Aviathor
Brac is not, and will never be, Mallorca. The type of beaches (very rocky) found in most places of the island is not for mass tourism of the ugly kind, and there’s no room to build gigantic hotels. But tourism there does need a little boost (it is and will be for a long time Croatia’s main source of income) and the longer runway will help a little with that.
Split airport can be busy for some weeks in the summer, but the main season is only about 2.5 months.

Sign in to add your message