Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oban EGEO 14 August 2016

Very impressive pics, thanks for sharing :-)

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Sounds a great trip. Terrific photos, thanks for sharing! :)

Bob
Flying since 1985, but still lots to ...
EGKA, United Kingdom

The long island at the start of Peter’s “Final Approach” video is Lismore. The lighthouse pic “near Oban” is at the SW end of it, on Eileen Musdile. Maybe on your unpublished video, there’s a small island, Bernera, sticking out to the N just NE of this. On it is the remains of a stone shelter used by Colm Cille when traveling between Iona and the mainland, spreading Christianity from Ireland. Lismore was the base of Moluag, another Irish Christian missionary, and they did not get on together. Both are Saints. (Moluag is largely forgotten, as Adamant, a relative of Colm later wrote the history.)
The ruin of the Bishop of Argyll’s Palace can be seen on Lismore, near Bernera. After several bishops were drowned, the Pope ordered the Bishop to move to the mainland, despite the historical sanctity of Lismore.
The two pics before Oban Approach show Castle an Stalc on an island in the bay. The island with the Loch is Shuna.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

A tremendously beautiful landscape. And the weather – well, just like this year’s summer in Austria

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Here is a later version of the Oban video which I previously put under “random videos”. I edited it for length and added some more music. The full size, available using the Download function on Vimeo, is 4.2GB (1080P 50FPS 25mbits/sec).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hmm – Amazing Grace – “I once was lost but now am found” – navigation error ?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Not tempted by a little visit to Barra? It’s not a long distance from Oban.

Here is a DA40NG landing there, ~1300 ft overcast.

Even managed not to get stuck :)

Here’s a final report on this great trip with my friend Colm (Dublinpilot).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great report and photos – what happened to Kieran’s Blackburn Bucaneer in Desert Storm markings that used to sit at the Eastern end of Weston?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Why do you still write you have a JAA/EASA license in your credentials? What is still JAA about it?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message